vancouver, canada

Hey everyone, just letting you all know that against my better judgement i decided to flick on my ustream channel:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bryface

my buddy daiteng is in town - he's a japanese DS-10/M01 player who is well known for glitchy/noisy soundscapes and other hackery. 

we'll be streaming for the next couple of hours maybe?  we've got some DS's armed with DS-10, M01, plus a Monotron Delay and anything else that may produce sounds.   anyway, check it out if you like.

EDIT: stream video recordings! we managed to travel everywhere from triphop to -> dnb -> ambient -> "dream" "metal" -> chill -> apocalyptic wall-of-sound chipnoise destruction.

from this morning:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

from last night (sorry for the choppiness due to my setup noobness):
Part 2/2
(Part 1 inexplicably has no sound at all so i won't bother posting it)

Last edited by bryface (Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm)

vancouver, canada

streaming again right now until 10:00AM PST!  listen in to hear some evolving soundscapes, noise and improvised beats.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bryface

Totally missed this sad

vancouver, canada

ok, i've got some preliminary video recordings below of the stream (more than 2 hours total of live improvisation)! 

Really surprised at how well this turned out - mainly M01, plus some DS-10, LSDJ, and daiteng's japanese-to-english electronic dictionary running through a monotron delay and a kaoss pad mini.  Nothing was pre-composed - all note data was laid down on the spot.

from this morning:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

from last night (sorry for the choppiness due to my setup noobness):
Part 2/2
(Part 1 inexplicably has no sound at all so i won't bother posting it)

In a few days we'll post a more complete MP3 recording of the sessions. there's some live VST pad work that didn't make it into the ustream audio because i'm an idiot, but it exists in the my reaper project of the live recording).

Last edited by bryface (Mar 16, 2012 10:24 pm)

vancouver, canada

btw here's a quick photo we snapped of the session, pretty hilariously epic.