San Angelo, TX

You guys should have a weekly "best song" or some shit!

Riverside, CA

IL, US
Screamforme99 wrote:

You guys should have a weekly "best song" or some shit!

no we shouldn't
music isnt a competition

Tokyo, Japan
breakphase wrote:
Jellica wrote:

8bc always had better music uploaded, inspite of the high levels of shit. come on guys upload some good music
here.

I wonder if Bandcamp and Soundcloud not existing or not really being that well known during 8bc's heyday 2007 - 2009 helped contribute to the number of tunes uploaded there?

New York City
Lazerbeat wrote:

I wonder if Bandcamp and Soundcloud not existing or not really being that well known during 8bc's heyday 2007 - 2009 helped contribute to the number of tunes uploaded there?

I don't think so. It's all about the circle jerk.

England

i dont find Bandcamp and Soundcloud very good for stumbling across new music, someone has to put a link in front of you.
maybe i just dont know how to use it.

New York City
Jellica wrote:

i dont find Bandcamp and Soundcloud very good for stumbling across new music, someone has to put a link in front of you.

Bandcamp doesn't work like that but Soundcloud definitely is. I love my Soundcloud feed.

matt's mind

didn't there use to be an off-site database of 8bc music that was feeding a radio channel, or something along those lines?  i sort of remember an incomplete one that didn't pan out for some reason, perhaps someone has links on it and the database is still there.  although i bet the radio feeds were all tied into the site somehow.  just pondering...  but if there is a repository somewhere that used to supply a service like that, it may be a solution to tracking down some lost things.

I've found that Bandcamp networking loops are rather small and tend to close quickly.  Checking out someone's 'recommendations' or whatever (anything to find out about new stuff there, apart from searching keywords from the homepage) very quickly comes back to the beginning.  People recommend each other in turn, the recommendations list maxing at 3 really hurts the site in that way imo.  the networking trees are rather stunted.

London, UK

8bc was alright but overall it was bays.

Geneva, NY

I'll take that cue.

United Kingdom

8BC was good when I had my old account.

Soon as the carts started rolling out that's when 8BC had a corporate 'mask'.

Chipmusic.org stays on track more. The music upload system I am not as accustomed too but I like it.

Nostalgia part:

-HH nanoloop kick patch for some random dude that wanted a good kick on nanoloop.
-Who was that army dude that went to Iraq and had a pink gameboy? I remember loads of 8BC members liked him.

My personal favourite was the kid trying to make a Gameboy piano on some donation site, the famous saying went:

'For $1000 he will come to your house'

Last edited by SAMWAVE (Mar 23, 2012 6:57 pm)

Brooklyn NY US

With solemn sorrow we place the screamo into its final resting place of the great separate file in the sky.

UK
bleo wrote:

Fuck off tossers, I got it:

You hero.

Ah its like slipping into a comfortable pair of lesbian sex cat trousers.

If 8bc is gone where will people go for their thai brides.

Unsubscribe

Funny how 8bc started to suck three months after each of you noobs appeared.

Earth
akira^8GB wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

I don't think so. It's all about the circle jerk.

Yeah that's part of it. People want to know that other people give a shit about their music. It's the same thing with albums too though.

Jellica wrote:

maybe i just dont know how to use it.

Yeah I agree it's not as focused.

IL, US
SAMWAVE wrote:

-Who was that army dude that went to Iraq and had a pink gameboy? I remember loads of 8BC members liked him.

that'd be snugg, i still keep in touch with him on facebook.. an awesome guy for sure