Liverpool, UK

I'll play for UK, I'm a fat bastard but I love playing the odd game of footy every now and then smile

Marseille

Robinho showed in his time at Man City that he is only a player that chases the money, that's why he moved there in the first place and at the first press conference announced he was very happy to play for Chelsea, to then be corrected and be told it was Man City he had signed for...

hahaha is that true? got it on video?
reminds me of the joke about Barthez believing he signed for FNAC (french entertainment store) and not FCNA (Nantes Atlantique FC)

Marseille

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD1M8L16aUc

Let this thread die.

Brazil

You americans only care about the gay football. Basketball and baseball are nice, but nothing like a good match of football.

You guys neither understand the beauty of a match of football between friends and a nice bbq with lots of beer.

Marseille

word

Unsubscribe

Yea Americans never have bbq, go to the park, or play sports with friends.

Btw last nights superbowl was the BESSST.

Huddersfield, UK

Yeah, Americans will never get the game unfortunately (or not depending on which way one is inclined haha)...

I think the main reason why most other countries prefer football is because it doesn't stop and start as much, the ball spends more time in play during a game as well. You can argue that Basketball and Hockey spend a lot of time with the ball in play but it is just end to end and lacks any real beauty to it (imo).

I'm a watcher of American football sometimes, I saw most of the playoffs and I'm surprised the Jets didn't go further but I guess their defense wasn't strong enough. Surprised that the Saints won the game last night, obviously had a great offense going into the game via Brees but I didn;t think the defense could hold up. For Manning to throw an interception on that play to Wayne (I think?) summed it up for me.

Dubmood, I can't find a video link but I remember it happening at the time, very very funny stuff. Lol at the accuracy of the puppet of Barthez. I'll try hunt out at least an audio clip but I suspect nobody captured the moment unfortunately sad

Marseille

Amreican football: Chicago Fire!   

I think the main reason why most other countries prefer football is because it doesn't stop and start as much, the ball spends more time in play during a game as well.

This applies to all leages except the french, where referees really love the sound of their whistles. Doesnt apply to all matches ofcource but still very often.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9w3sz_les-guignols-jeu-video-ligue-1-2006_fun

Huddersfield, UK
dubmood wrote:

Amreican football: Chicago Fire!   

I think the main reason why most other countries prefer football is because it doesn't stop and start as much, the ball spends more time in play during a game as well.

This applies to all leages except the french, where referees really love the sound of their whistles. Doesnt apply to all matches ofcource but still very often.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9w3sz_les-guignols-jeu-video-ligue-1-2006_fun

Ha! Awesome video! The French really seem to be very satirical against their domestic football wink

Our refs let a lot go that other European referees would penalize for. Obviously, it makes for much better viewing but when it comes to any international competitions we end up getting screwed for being too physical. It's a tricky balance to maintain and I'd say the British refs need to get more harsh on the players.

Liverpool have pretty much pulled out of the race for Bordeaux striker Chamakh today which I'm a bit disappointed about... His record is pretty good but I don't know whether he'd hold up in the English leagues (because I think he'll end up at Arsenal eventually). Any thoughts on your arch-rival's striker Dubmood? 5-1 yesterday too!

Marseille

Chamakh is a very good striker for league1 and an average striker for PL. I dont think he would be material for any of the big 4. Gourcuff on the other hand would, but he is not a striker. Anyway I would love to see bordeaux loose thoose two mentioned. So too bad liverpool didnt buy him.

yeah, 5-1, wounderfull game smile

Huddersfield, UK
dubmood wrote:

Chamakh is a very good striker for league1 and an average striker for PL. I dont think he would be material for any of the big 4. Gourcuff on the other hand would, but he is not a striker. Anyway I would love to see bordeaux loose thoose two mentioned. So too bad liverpool didnt buy him.

yeah, 5-1, wounderfull game smile

Haha, I guess it'd shift the title race around a lot next season if they lost them two wink Chamakh is talking to other clubs now about switching on a Bosman free so I think at least one of them is as good as gone smile

I don't think we'll see Gourcuff moving though, unless someone comes in with a ridiculous offer from either England or Spain. Looks a good player and I guess Milan wish they would have kept him now they've sold Kaka as well. He probably would have been his successor in that position...

Brazil

Dubmood: http://www.sport.ro/fotbal-extern/video … -fani.html

Marseille

thursday we play against Copenhague in the Uefa cup. They seem to be in great form this season, wining agasint shaktar donetsk and all. Marseille sux at playing when its cold and I have doubts on us winning in denmark, but they will stand no chance at velodrome.

Huddersfield, UK
dubmood wrote:

thursday we play against Copenhague in the Uefa cup. They seem to be in great form this season, wining agasint shaktar donetsk and all. Marseille sux at playing when its cold and I have doubts on us winning in denmark, but they will stand no chance at velodrome.

That's quite surprising actually, Shaktar have a really good team with a lot of money invested. Liverpool have Unirea (or something like that), by all accounts they are a good side, they hammered Rangers away from home in the champions league earlier this year and gave the other sides some good games. Man U play Milan tonight as well with the return of Beckham to Old Trafford, I don't think I'd be that interested in the game if it wasn't for Beckham's return. I'll tip Man U to win anyway, AC haven't been that good for a few years now and away from home I can't see them winning.

Marseille

I think lyon will get sodomized by real madrid.  3 - 0