Rochester, NY

Guess I'm missing these covers

Can I get some links or are they just performing them live or something?  Didn't know this wasn't "in with the cool kids" because I love covers

Anyone want to start a chipmusic cover band????

Brooklyn NY US

I'm sick of chipmusic because... wait, I'm not, it's all pretty cool actually.

Edit: k got it I'm a loser

Last edited by Lavar (Mar 25, 2012 10:04 pm)

San Diego, CA

The problem I have with a lot of these statements is that people are always calling for "innovation" and things like that in music but then failing to tell us in what terms this innovation should happen. It's making me feel like this innovation can be boiled down to things like real instruments and irregular time signatures. Add water and voila.

I honestly feel like the artists I respect the most aren't the ones that sound the most technically competent or the ones with the weirdest sounds in their music; rather, it's the artist with the most realized aesthetic vision. If that vision happens to involve dubstep wobbles or electro stylings I'm ok with that.

It's short-sighted and shallow to write off a song just because it has mainstream attributes in it. What a lot of people are actually trying to say when they diss a song for having "dubstep" in it is that "they have not successfully realized their aesthetic vision because of this short-sighted use of dubstep wobbles."

It's way too easy to just say that a genre sucks because of x,y, and z these days. It's a two way street I'm thinking. If you dislike something and are saying it in public, it's your perogative to explain fully why you dislike it. I'm not trying to say that anyone here is wrong for not liking something (you can't just force yourself to like anything) but the discussion of it should really be more intelligent and involve more than "has dubstep/electro/dance; didn't listen." (hd;dl)

And for reference: not saying this about anyone in particular! Just ramblin' smile

You guys are all fucking losers. Jesus.

just because you only listen to lsdj songs doesn't mean the rest of chip tune is bad

.FILTHadelphia
Heosphoros wrote:

Why are you so angry?

BOSTON
defiantsystems wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

Why are you so angry?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Connecticut USA

Don't tell me my business!

Connecticut USA

Just add more pan flutes. Problem solved.

defiantsystems wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

Why are you so angry?

Because I don't get laid enough. I also have a drinking problem. Want to fight about it?

Chicago IL

"Don't just tweak some knobs or use a generic waveform or patch"

This part kind of bugged me. Seems like one of the main points of chip music is that you're limited to certain wave forms, which means you have to be original through composition, not sound design.

I dunno whatever. I'm gonna kill myself eventually anyways. who cares.

.FILTHadelphia
Heosphoros wrote:
defiantsystems wrote:

Why are you so angry?

Because I don't get laid enough. I also have a drinking problem. Want to fight about it?

Not particularly.

EDIT: Just saw my post on Facebook. Crazy.

Last edited by defiantsystems (Mar 25, 2012 9:44 pm)

defiantsystems wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

Not particularly.

Then shut the fuck up

Lexington, KY
cheapshot wrote:

... I'll never be as good as cheapshot.

Did I the win the "complete the caption"?

That's why I'm sick of it! XD

Bronx, NY
Heosphoros wrote:

Heosphoros wrote:

Heosphoros wrote:

Heosphoros wrote:

Heosphoros wrote: