Lexington, KY

Chiptune isn't a genre so much as it is a classification of instruments. Like... Brass refers to tubas and horns and such... strings are violins and basses... and chiptunes are Gameboys and Commodores.

So, liking or not liking chipmusic might not make as much sense as liking or disliking a certain scene.

Lexington, KY

and also this:

New York City
Victory Road wrote:
A Versus B wrote:

Nah Akira, I don't like any of the people here who seem only to be active in the community for the purpose of trolling others.

akira makes tons of great music and is doing shows and generally being a smart guy, so there's that too
this is starting to head well outside the scope of the discussion, though

Thanks for that man.
I'm not even interested in replying to people being douchebags to me on the internet. So I won't comment any further.

For the record, I'm not saying any artist or genre is bad, although I can see how that came across as such. I just wish more artists would take things in a different direction. As Kevin said, "i think is an attempt to encourage more artists to go beyond emulating their favorite artists, games & covering non-chip stuff and really explore the full depth of the software and/or hardware." The point of this wasn't to attack any artist, or genre.

I think with the advent of Nanoloop 1.6, we could get a song/file swap started that is similar to lsdsng swap and get some real collaboration and exploration going. I know it'd be difficult to do in person, due to distance and availability and schedules, but I'd like to see more of that happening too.

Unsubscribe

The problem with the internet is that its easy to stare at text on a screen and have your own boredom and dissatisfaction color what you are experiencing with regards to your involvement in a community. This is why people get so jazzed by blip fest, is that you get real human feedback and a truer sense of what is happening in the scene.

Rochester, NY

so many different opinions

8bit is dead

lolusa
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

so many different opinions

8bit is dead

I'd imagine differing opinions would make it healthy
;D

Sweden
A Versus B wrote:

Nah Akira, I don't like any of the people here who seem only to be active in the community for the purpose of trolling others.

This is interesting coming from the guy who debuted with the probably most hateful and offensive post of the thread.

.FILTHadelphia

This thread is still going? I think we've come to the consensus of having the "do whatever you want and ignore everyone else" mentality. Lock this shit up and let's get back to trolling each other again.

Westfield, NJ

If you close this thread the trolling will spread to other threads.

São Paulo, Brazil
A Versus B wrote:

akira I hate your god

now, that´s much nicer.

ad-hell-aide

Let's all write better music.

Philly, PA, USA
George wrote:

This thing is still going on?

Chepachet, Rhode Island

half of the cows today are regurgitating the same shit (the same goes for camels or proboscis monkeys or whateverthefuck)! You have the technology...use it!! Don't just tweak some formula or use a generic grain or grass, etc , strive to get the most out of what you're working with! Step your game up! I respect a handful of cows, not because they're ruminants or they've got cloven hooves, it's because they're producing up to 64qts of milk a day! I feel as though I'm not one of these cows, and I have much to learn, but it's how I feel. Deal with it!

P.S. This rant stems from the fact that I love farming and agriculture because you don,'t need the latest and greatest equipment to produce something amazing, you need livestock and a combine harvester, and I'm not seeing that nowadays. You have the means to do something amazing, so do it!

Agree or disagree...I fee as though this needed to be said by someone. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

P.P.S. If you're gonna reply, please try to be civil. I don't want this thread getting closed because you wanna act like you're a member of the Animal Rights Institute!

Washington DC

My only contribution to this thread is that I honestly can not remember a time in the five years that I've been involved with chipmusic that someone has not been complaining about this very thing.

Philly, PA, USA
Dauragon wrote:

My only contribution to this thread is that I honestly can not remember a time in the five years that I've been involved with chipmusic that someone has not been complaining about this very thing.