Rhode Island

You should just have the one light on when it is connected to the gameboy. Are you running it off the +V line on the gameboy link? I would check your connections to the midi socket and that you have the proper wires connected for the link cable. My drawing is 3D for both those components and what you see is what you would see of you were holding it in front of your face. Made more sense to me like that. So check to make sure you're wired up correctly there. Also, we may be able to help a little more if you have some pictures

Washington / California
2PLAYER wrote:

You should just have the one light on when it is connected to the gameboy. Are you running it off the +V line on the gameboy link? I would check your connections to the midi socket and that you have the proper wires connected for the link cable. My drawing is 3D for both those components and what you see is what you would see of you were holding it in front of your face. Made more sense to me like that. So check to make sure you're wired up correctly there. Also, we may be able to help a little more if you have some pictures

Thanks a lot

I'm running it off of USB power, because I don't have a DMG 7, just a DMG 4 cable without the 5V pin.

I've messed with the max patch and it says the arduino is disconnected

Here's two views of the breadboard, It's really sloppy
http://i43.tinypic.com/2h66mnr.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/21kvyad.jpg

In the first picture there are two red wires with one end detached from the board, that's a my temporary momentary switch until I get one.

I'm fairly certain I've gotten all the parts on the board properly, if a little difficult to follow.

The lights light up fine, but only when changing modes, and when it boots up.

I'm going to check to be sure I uploaded the program properly

Last edited by TERADAKTYLE (Mar 29, 2012 1:15 am)

Rhode Island

Try swapping the points on the brown pin 4 wire and the 270 resistor in line with the 6n138

Washington / California

Didn't do anything, I'm starting to wonder if either certain pins on the arduino aren't working, or maybe the Opto Iso got damaged somehow.

I've tried both 270 and 220 ohm resistors

It seems like information is at least making it to the gameboy, as it gets annoyed when I switch sync modes.

Last edited by TERADAKTYLE (Mar 29, 2012 4:25 am)

Rhode Island

did you figure out if it was writing to the arduino properly?