São Paulo, Brazil

how can I dubstep my university project?

detroit
PULSELOOPER wrote:

how can I dubstep my university project?

trash compactor + ducks + assumptions

Sweden
Sycamore Drive wrote:

1. Chiptune is NOT a genre, it's a medium for creating music in a range of styles. Stop calling it a genre.

I don't think you should pose that as an undisputed fact. I disagree that it isn't a genre or in many aspects a style of its own. That's not the point though. The point is not to get too anal about it, and maybe to show some respect for those who disagree instead of just playing it off like you know best. It makes it look more like wishful thinking than anything.

CHIPTUNE

99% of electronic musicians don't like the genre that 99% of people place them in.

+ it's worth checking out modern genre theory. it's not as simple as just analyzing sound frequencies, you know.

boomlinde wrote:
Sycamore Drive wrote:

1. Chiptune is NOT a genre, it's a medium for creating music in a range of styles. Stop calling it a genre.

I don't think you should pose that as an undisputed fact. I disagree that it isn't a genre or in many aspects a style of its own. That's not the point though. The point is not to get too anal about it, and maybe to show some respect for those who disagree instead of just playing it off like you know best. It makes it look more like wishful thinking than anything.

Y'know, the amount this is coming up lately, we should have an international panel of artists come up with a creed or something to end dispute haha.