Cleveland, OH

These are pretty cool.
Stickable photo paper that you print your design on. Stick it to the Game Boy and then place the clear screen cover over it.
I ran mine through a regular printer since it's all I had so it is a little smeared. But it looks pretty decent!
You have to put clear cover on like a cell phone screen protector to avoid bubbles which I also did not do.
I just found some generic patterns to test out.

Pretty neat!
These should be out soon as far as I know!

Well the examples are horrible but yeah it could be cool with other design.

Cleveland, OH

Yes, I agree! I just don't have the right printer to do this. I could cut them to 4x6 or 5x7 and use the photo tray but that involves some measurement.

detroit

this is a rad idea. time to start pixeling. any way you have a digital template the size of the screen?

Cleveland, OH
barbeque wrote:

this is a rad idea. time to start pixeling. any way you have a digital template the size of the screen?

I don't. You should mention this to Kitsch and I'm sure he will make a template to simplify printing.

detroit
justinthursday wrote:
barbeque wrote:

I don't. You should mention this to Kitsch and I'm sure he will make a template to simplify printing.

groovy. then I will have the most grindcore dmg around, bitches. tongue

Cleveland, OH

I hope there is a template! Would make it so much easier to add text and whatnot.

Whitley Bay, England

whoa man this could be so sick

Wait a minute.....

matt's mind

yes, there will be a template wink

thats actually my main hold up.  i had one made, but it doesn't print out just the same on other printers.  i need to find a pretty universal solution. 

but, yes there will be one when these are released...

glad you all enjoy!  those patterns you printed are perfectly kitschy sir...

Melbourne, AU

Maybe the template can be an SVG file, then you can print through Inkscape or export to bitmap at any resolution you like.

Chicago

Perhaps a template.psd just sayin

Looks amazing though kitsch keep up the good work

So it wasn't an April fools joke?

Cleveland, OH
kitsch wrote:

yes, there will be a template wink
glad you all enjoy!  those patterns you printed are perfectly kitschy sir...

Awesome. I thought they would be smile

Timbob wrote:

So it wasn't an April fools joke?

No sir. April 2nd now. wink

Costa Mesa

Just a thought but maybe you could have fancy templates, and then you can have a basic .doc or .rtf or .pdf of outlines of the proper sizes in rows and columns within a regular 8.5"x11" sheet so some people could even hand draw their screen covers.

Edit:rephrase

Last edited by TrebleChild (Apr 2, 2012 7:31 pm)

matt's mind

i have the dimesnional drawing for the template all done, have for a while, which would be a solution then people could create whatever they wanted based on this.

maybe thats what i should do...  the attempts i've done don't translate to other printers, its all very annoying.

besides, the clear screens haven't arrived yet, so i've still got a little time to work with...