i was checking out xpcmk and had this exact same idea! my code kung fu is weak though, please please please alex, please finish this! i will give you my firstborn if it can playback notes as i enter them!

Los Angeles, CA

To avoid cluttering this thread with "This new thing has been implemented!" posts, I've started a devblog.

http://mml-tracker.blogspot.com/

Check that out if you're interested in following updates on the software.

Psydney, Australia

If you happen to need any GUI work done, feel free to let me know.

Montreal, Canada

This project is awesome! Can't wait to try this and congratulation on the progress made so far!

Los Angeles, CA

Sorry folks, but MMLTracker is being put on hold. Read more here:

http://mml-tracker.blogspot.com/2011/06 … plans.html

Unsubscribe

Bummer. I think there is room for both your tracker and shirus tracker, but ill respect your decision.

Milwaukee, WI
herr_prof wrote:

Bummer. I think there is room for both your tracker and shirus tracker, but ill respect your decision.

Agreed.  This still would be a much more convenient way of doing music for things like Wonderswan and other obscurities.

Slovakia / European Union

What happen to this??? And when I want compose for Sharp X68000 or Sharp X1 and I cant read/speak japanese?
Bummer common your MML Tracker idea is AWESOME! We need your tracker for game console and japanese computers composing...
Their soundchips was best!!!

Los Angeles, CA

GODS DAMMIT ALEX. GUI ME UP.
smile

Los Angeles, CA

Basically, my thesis happened.

I may resurrect this at some point, but I need to get other stuff off my plate first. Like lsdj-sav-utils. And my thesis. Especially my thesis.

If there's really a great deal of demand for something like this, I'll consider resurrecting it. If people are willing to contribute code (an MML parser, or even a complete MML grammar, would be a great help), so much the better.

uhajdafdfdfa

deflemask seems to be great as a cross platform multi-system extensible tracker anyway smile maybe we don't n eed this

Yeah Deflemask development is getting frighteningly awesome

Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, I'm honestly inclined to agree. It takes a tremendous amount of effort to get something like this off the ground, and delek has done a superb job in that regard. Adding features to deflemask rather than making yet another tracker seems like it might be the way to go.

Slovakia / European Union

I agree not. MML opens gate to Japanese consoles...
Sharp X1
Sharp X68000
Turbografx16
etc etc

I am interested in some way to compose MDX files for Sharp X68000 - Yamaha OPM+PCM soundsystem.
I mean tracking music not mml scripting in japanese...

Last edited by Tinctu (Apr 7, 2012 10:06 am)