Unsubscribe

I think its more of a parallel development thing.

Nottingham, UK
herr_prof wrote:

In part, I think people have realised how well squarewaves hold up to compression abuse in comparison to more complex sounds.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jan 28, 2013 4:06 pm)

Detroit, Michigan
Bit wish wrote:

Ke$ha uses bit pop

I heart me some Ke$ha

Earth
herr_prof wrote:

Yeah it's a general trend that in the past 6-7 years people have started appreciating old school computer sounds, and old video games. I doubt that most of these musicians were influenced by chipmusic per se.

Unsubscribe

I wouldnt even put it that far, Most default synths in daws like cubase live and fruity loops sound chippy because they sound weak and tinny. You start overproducing it and making chirpy happy music, and it starts to share similarities with chip music.

Earth

That's true, it may just be the path of least resistance.

Spain

British artist Patrick Wolf uses chip music in some of his songs, here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bi-YqJcKuc

Douglas, Wyoming
Victory Road wrote:

yo, squarewave beeps and PWM leads aren't "chip samples"

I mean the specific using of plain square waves which is similar to what makes chipmusic sound the way it does.

Last edited by Monotron (Jan 29, 2013 1:39 am)

Gosford, Australia
Monotron wrote:
Victory Road wrote:

yo, squarewave beeps and PWM leads aren't "chip samples"

I mean the specific using of plain square waves which is similar to what makes chipmusic sound the way it does.

hmm, in the song you posted i think '"drum beat" from a casio pt-1' rather than 'omg chiptunes'
i'm not saying that chippy sounds aren't starting to appear in pop music more often (they are, duh), but the sound deisgn in fashion monster isn't informed by chip music at all imo

babylon

i found more chips for you guise