wailord wrote:

apparently it was a bootleg maybe

O__O;

Sounds from the Abyss is a great blog to follow for exactly this kind of music.

That blog looks amazing, thanks for posting!

Nottingham, UK

The wierd remains of an unused track from the orginal pokemon games.

Westfield, NJ

So Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite soundtracks and it's full of some great original SNES soundtrack work as well as some cool easter eggs for fans of the Mario and Final Fantasy Series. Nothing super weird here but this track is quite interesting, it's from Valentina's castle, she's one of the later bosses and she's super high society with a really annoying laugh, and the song repeats this laugh panned left and right throughout the whole thing, it gets really annoying and creepy quick and the whole time you feel like she's watching you from somewhere in the castle.

Also this track is from a chase event underground and just happens to be a remix of the original underground theme from Super Mario Bros.

wailord wrote:

I kind of like this honestly reminds me of

start at 1:23

Last edited by themask (Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm)

The generative music for LSD on the PS1 probably should be in this thread

Nottingham, UK

I've been meaning to play LSD for ages. It's happening before the end of this week.

ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

The wierd remains of an unused track from the orginal pokemon games.

This is absolutely insane.

Earthbound was bound to come up sooner or later - I could list most of the (huge) soundtrack but some particular favourites include:

This is pretty wack for a Square game:

The soundtrack of Cu-On-Pa is weird in a totally different way - its awkward super-repetitive melodies really sound like the work of someone who wasn't used to writing music:

Unfortunately I could only find one Youtube video of the game (the song 'Moonlit Sea' demonstrates a particularly interesting brand of timpani-driven random melody rave music), but both this soundtrack and many other great wrong-sounding .spc gems can be found at snesmusic.org.

Last edited by Stevens (Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm)

Westfield, NJ

Also how about Animal Crossing, every KK track that he performs live for you is a weird combination of guitar and weird speech synthesis that is supposed to represent his singing & whistling. And then he gives you tapes and you go and play them in your house and it's a completely different arrangement with cheesy muzak instruments. Whoever came up with this is a genius.

buffalo, NY

DAYTONNNAAA

GAME OVER YEAH

Nottingham, UK
Decktonic wrote:

Also how about Animal Crossing, every KK track that he performs live for you is a weird combination of guitar and weird speech synthesis that is supposed to represent his singing & whistling. And then he gives you tapes and you go and play them in your house and it's a completely different arrangement with cheesy muzak instruments. Whoever came up with this is a genius.

I Ioved how every music player had a different sound font for the songs.

babylon
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I've been meaning to play LSD for ages. It's happening before the end of this week.

DO IT!

hiding under your bed
Stevens wrote:

Earthbound was bound to come up sooner or later - I could list most of the (huge) soundtrack but some particular favourites include

I always liked Dungeon Man's theme out of all the really weird tracks.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jan 30, 2013 7:08 pm)

Westfield, NJ

Oh how about this, this takes the cake for weird, Yoshimitsu's theme from Tekken Tag Tournament is based on a Buddhist chant:

Also Sonic Adventure 2 and Katamari Damacy had lots of weird songwriting.