matt's mind
nerdsome wrote:

It crashes if you switch it while it's on.  I don't plan to do that.  I've installed half clocks with a switch before and sold them with no complaints. With the kitsch kit, I believe you can switch it while playing a song but I'm not sure. That would be convenient but for me, it's not required.

you can indeed switch during gameplay, thats right

Murcia, Spain

Ah ok, I misunderstood what you said : P

ad-hell-aide

but the problem with doing the mod 100% in software is that you're limited to the lower end of the freuqency range of the hardware running at that particular clockspeed

Czech republic
little-scale wrote:

but the problem with doing the mod 100% in software is that you're limited to the lower end of the freuqency range of the hardware running at that particular clockspeed

Oh, I see that now. My bad.

edit: is there more specific time then 'soon' for the easy_CLK Kitsch? wink

Last edited by ashimoke (Jan 29, 2013 2:40 pm)

matt's mind

i have the PCBs assembled.  oddly the only remaining part for the kit is the hookup wire,

if you've got wire, i'm good to go.  if so, just PM me and i'll drop the price on a kit a little bit for ya

Czech republic
kitsch wrote:

i have the PCBs assembled.  oddly the only remaining part for the kit is the hookup wire,

if you've got wire, i'm good to go.  if so, just PM me and i'll drop the price on a kit a little bit for ya

I'll wait a little more to save up for bigger order but DogTag might be interested.

Sweeeeeeden

If you want to switch between two crystals, one of them will be off if you use the original one. I'd rather recommend using a 2.000 MHz and a 4.000 MHz crystal to switch between, so you still get the octave range between the two crystals. Now you need to modify the frequency table, but the same modification will be valid for both the crystals.

Using a 2.0 and a 4.0 requires too much extra work. I'll stick to the 4.19xxxx and the 2.xxxxx...  That's much easier.

Murcia, Spain

@kitsch I'm the funny guy who has written you a mail asking for that a moment ago xD
I suppose the hookup wire won't take long to arrive, so I'd rather wait until you've got them full. Also I wanted to talk with you about adding some extra wire in my order (for the switch). We can discuss that through PM, if you like.

matt's mind

also probably of interest

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/3_clk

need to wrap up docs (and get the infamous hook-up wire)

Murcia, Spain

Oh no... now I'm wondering wether to get this one and detune my LSDJ accordingly or get the easy_clk and keep software as it is... xD