selling a black DMG with built in midi in and out. will post world wide for free,

it has a bi inverted backlit screen
internal pro sound
midi
and a new mod, mode beep. to save power the mode is now displayed via a beep from the speaker rather than LEDs,

£110

i am giving you guys the first chance at it before it goes on ebay tomorrow,

email me: Ralph(dot)nex(@)gmail(dot)com

if you would like a custom midi gameboy i can do that as well

New York City

*forget it,didn't see the price o_O*

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 19, 2010 7:09 pm)

i cant forget what i didn't read

rochester, ny

fuck, i want to buy that so bad.

nickmaynard wrote:

fuck, i want to buy that so bad.

go for it wink the profits go to a good cause.... (more of them!)

basically this thing cost me about £70 to make, rough breakdown:

£20 for a black gameboy off ebay (£15 plus £5 posted)
£10 for a backlight, i forget just how much they cost, but after postage its a fair bit
£12 for the arduino, again i forget what the postage is on top of that
£? LED, resistors, optocoupler, diodes, wiring, solder
£5 inverter chip
£10 world wide postage.

then it takes me about 2 days to make one, this took me 15 hours to make and test.

so its not worth doing really, and after this one i don't think i will make any more unless someone really gives me a good deal for one, and because of that i doubt anyone else would make them to sell, so this might be the last one for sale.

Philly, PA, USA

these are really cool, i'd love to make one myself.
and i would buy it from you, but i don't have the money sad

Last edited by pixls (Mar 20, 2010 1:45 am)

))<>((

goddamnit I want it so bad, it's just a little out of my price range right now. sad

Roanoke, VA

That is fantastic.

Los Angeles
NeX wrote:

and a new mod, mode beep. to save power the mode is now displayed via a beep from the speaker rather than LEDs,

Make sure to respect the GNU General Public License and release the modified source code if you're selling the gameboy with arudinoboy code please. (I don't know if I missed it somewhere also I know it's not very modified but...)

GPL wrote:

To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you these rights or asking you to surrender the rights. Therefore, you have certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others.

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same freedoms that you received. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.

i have someone interested in this so hopefully i will be able to get more arduinos and maybe make some more, but i think they would be on request. if people ever want me to make one you can get me at Ralph(dot)nex(at)gmail(dot)com

Trash80, how do i go about uploading my code? i would rather not upload it simply because its embarrisingly bad lol so far i have learnt everything i know about C++ from looking at example arduino code, and i think if someone who knew what they were doing saw my code they would laugh lots! but obviously its a legal thing and so i will upload it just need to know how i do that smile

Melbourne, Australia
NeX wrote:

£12 for the arduino, again i forget what the postage is on top of that.

Gotta start building them without the arduino. Atmega's are only like $5 each.

TmTgr wrote:
NeX wrote:

£12 for the arduino, again i forget what the postage is on top of that.

Gotta start building them without the arduino. Atmega's are only like $5 each.

i was looking at that, but first of all the only ATMEGAs i seem to be able to find are the chip like ones rather than the SMD ones on the arduinos, and there is no way they will fit, its hard enough with a 0.8mm thick arduino, and soldering directly to the ATMEGA chip would increase the amount of work, and they are already 2 days work as it is, so i would want more money for my time which would push the price up instead of down lol

now on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 0425877801

when the ebay auction ends it wont be relisted

East Kilbride, Scotland
NeX wrote:

now on ebay,

You might want to fix your postage options, it says collect only at the moment.

IL, US

out of curiousity, do you mean midi thru? i cant think on any gb software that literally sends midi data, unless this is a way of sending midi clock out from lsdj/nanoloop?

Sycamore Drive wrote:
NeX wrote:

now on ebay,

You might want to fix your postage options, it says collect only at the moment.

thanks for that i have revised it

yea it can send midi start, stop and tempo signals from LSDJ and Nanoloop. i have linked LSDJ on two midi gameboys just over midi