Seattle, WA
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

UPDATE:
So, yeah, I crossed a couple of wires... LSDj still won't boot. I'm going to eliminate the ribbon cable, and try some heavier gauge wire.

\

God I hope you post this much for all of your future mods.

I know you already cut a hole where you are putting the cartridge slot but why don't you relocate the cartridge slot right next to the DMG motherboard which will drastically shorten the ribbon cable length?

Unsubscribe

Yea that slot is the only major problem i see with the whole thing.. you gotta protect it!

Santa Cruz, California

So here we go with heavier gauge wire... I have no idea how that's going to help, but I'm out of options until I get my hands on an oscilloscope.
Lets try this thing! I've got some more four strand... if nothing else, at least it'll be colorful.

'Time Consuming' is not nearly descriptive enough. I'm using the motherboard and cartridge port I originally started this project with.

Drum roll please!

Beep Boo Boop, we're fucked. So that doesn't work. Let's try wiring up the new cartridge port.

Welcome to my nightmare.

Now I have everything hooked up and ready to rock. I honestly don't think anything's going to happen, but let's plug in Zelda and giv... Dafuq!? IT WORKS!!! Holy Shit!

ZOMG! Let's try LSDj...

Shit...
Well, I guess it's better than nothing. The mighty oscilloscope will offer me more answers this evening.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 6, 2013 11:45 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

...It's like watching a magician weaving a spell.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Holy shit you post a lot of pictures.

Santa Cruz, California
Auxcide wrote:

Holy shit you post a lot of pictures.

How else are people going to know what I'm doing?
I want other people to try crazy shit, and a picture is worth a thousand words.

I tested all of the "questionable" cartridges, and it's official: The only cart that doesn't work on my keyboard is LSDj... you know, the thing I designed this whole insane project for.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 7, 2013 12:05 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Im curious how you don't go nuts and hurl it out the window after the 28th thing going wrong?

Santa Cruz, California
Lazerbeat wrote:

Im curious how you don't go nuts and hurl it out the window after the 28th thing going wrong?

Unimaginable patience... and having ADHD helps. When I get really frustrated, but before I go all "Hulk Smash" angry on shit, I can just walk away and find something else to do.
Do be fooled; I've been known to go all "Rage-Quit" and destroy shit I'm working on.
Take this painting for example.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 7, 2013 12:31 am)

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Do be fooled; I've been known to go all "Rage-Quit" and destroy shit I'm working on.
Take this painting for example.

Dude, been following it since day one, and if you don't finish that awesome shit, I'm gonna kill ya, ok?

But jokes aside, that's a great project! I wish I had this courage, patience and creativity of yours.

Santa Cruz, California

Uhhh... Has anyone had LSDj suddenly disappear from their flash cart?
I just plugged it into my DMG, and nothing... blank screen (after the BLING! or course).
Perhaps that's what the glitching was on the keyboard?

Maine

once but only cause my battery terminals where messed up and my gameboy basically got turned on and off a thousand times in one second hmm

Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Uhhh... Has anyone had LSDj suddenly disappear from their flash cart?
I just plugged it into my DMG, and nothing... blank screen (after the BLING! or course).
Perhaps that's what the glitching was on the keyboard?

You may have corrupted the ram with the short/mixed up wires.

matt's mind
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I've been known to go all "Rage-Quit" and destroy shit I'm working on.

man oh man....  this is my story too. 

make sure you didn't boot up into a menu where you haven't flashed something (since those carts have two menus).  most people put LSDJ on both menus for situations just like that

Santa Cruz, California

Okay. I can still flash the cart (loaded Pokemon Red on there) and it plays... but, not on the keyboard... and LSDj still doesn't work.
I hate software...

Santa Cruz, California

Soooo... LSDj will still run on an emulator, but not on any hardware?
I think I'm gonna call it a day.