Long time no post here, but I'm sure you folks who are into chiptune music can understand.

Before coming to this place, I've been very busy for the past one to two years doing Super Nintendo music style arrangements of modern Mario musical scores (and still doing so as I write this). Problem is, I'm trying to see how I can help spread the word that this attempt exists and more folks who are into chiptune music (especially the Super Nintendo side since I still love that to this very day) will gain interest in checking my works out.

Question is this, which board would be the best place to let folks know about what I'm doing (as well as pointing them to my site's "home base" of operations) and are those kind of submissions (SNES music style arrangements of modern Mario music tunes) acceptable here as well?

All right; thanks in advance for your help in this, everyone. I'm out for now.

Tokyo, Japan

If you have. Release put it in the release section. If you want feedback, constructive criticism, if this is just a general "hi I'm new check out my tunes" use the introductions sticky in the general forum.

Youngstown, OH

Hi MCM, sadly there is no such place but there are several people like myself who are doing SNES music and promoting each other (sometimes). Your best bet is through word of mouth. If you have a facebook, bandcamp or youtube, anything of the sort, your best bet is just pushing on all fronts. Feel free to find me on any of these platforms (I'm probably there) and I'll help where I can.

edit:
You could also try emailing the snesology website for info on how to get help promoting music, they help push a lot of indie SNES-related releases, such as my Yoshi's Island comp I put together late last year.

Last edited by sleepytimejesse (Feb 4, 2013 2:20 am)

sleepytimejesse wrote:

Hi MCM, sadly there is no such place but there are several people like myself who are doing SNES music and promoting each other (sometimes). Your best bet is through word of mouth. If you have a facebook, bandcamp or youtube, anything of the sort, your best bet is just pushing on all fronts. Feel free to find me on any of these platforms (I'm probably there) and I'll help where I can.

edit:
You could also try emailing the snesology website for info on how to get help promoting music, they help push a lot of indie SNES-related releases, such as my Yoshi's Island comp I put together late last year.

I think I emailed those guys before but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll see about trying them again momentarily if they're still in action (I think they still are).

Youngstown, OH

They are, just super busy with many upcoming projects. I'm just on the cusp of those guys so I couldn't tell you how often they check the official snesology email.

sleepytimejesse wrote:

They are, just super busy with many upcoming projects. I'm just on the cusp of those guys so I couldn't tell you how often they check the official snesology email.

Hi there, sorry for the extremely late response - but thanks for the tip. Hopefully they'll get their stuff in order soon.

Also, I've been investigating the SoundCloud thing - but their limitation is in regards to how much "time" I'm able to store onto a respective account for anything audio wise, right? Like if I were to post a Super Nintendo music style arrangement that I've done, it'd have to be short on their end?

I'm also considering other approaches as well (maybe the Bandcamp thing). Was also thinking about the YouTube approach also.

Chicago IL

write original songs

MCM Productions wrote:

Question is this, which board would be the best place to let folks know about what I'm doing (as well as pointing them to my site's "home base" of operations) and are those kind of submissions (SNES music style arrangements of modern Mario music tunes) acceptable here as well?

Pardon my ignorance of correct English grammar and vocabulary, but this is a rhetorical question right?  Music from the SNES and your "modern Mario music tunes" are both chipmusic related and you posted this question on a chipmusic forum so I'm assuming you should already know the answer to your question?

Saskrotch wrote:

write original songs

But just take Saskrotch's advice.  Nobody says it better than he.

Youngstown, OH
MCM Productions wrote:

Also, I've been investigating the SoundCloud thing - but their limitation is in regards to how much "time" I'm able to store onto a respective account for anything audio wise, right? Like if I were to post a Super Nintendo music style arrangement that I've done, it'd have to be short on their end?

No, I think the limitation may be the total alotted time for music you can post. The actual track length doesn't matter I don't think. Just if they give you say 75 minutes, you could have 75 individual 1 minute long tracks or three 25 minute long tracks.

NC in the US of America

ocremix