LA:CA

What is the difference between a 1/4 and 1/8 jack mod?

Finland

The size. Pro dudes use the other one.

so overall there is no sound quality difference?

Sweeeeeeden

You will find that the 1/4" jack has a much better retention and simply won't fall out as easily. No difference in sound quality however. Not everything is about signal quality.

Edit: Of course, this also means the jack has to be fastened better since the plug requires more force to release.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Feb 5, 2013 5:03 am)

Finland

From my experience, I would say there is no difference. Mixers usually have 1/4" and 1/4" - 1/4" cables are cheaper than ones with something else on the other end so theres that. Otherwise, just cosmetics.

Finland
nitro2k01 wrote:

Do difference in sound quality however.

What do you mean by this?

Good to know. Correct me on this a 1/4 is a amp cable while 1/8 would be a stereo headphone jack?

Maine
nitro2k01 wrote:

You will find that the 1/4" jack has a much better retention and simply won't fall out as easily.

thats why i got a 1/4th prosound
though i still havent installed it yet cause its way hard to find space in a dmg hmm

Sweeeeeeden
DKSTR wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Do difference in sound quality however.

Apparently N and D are faaaar too close on my keyboard, hehe.

Finland
nitro2k01 wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

Apparently N and D are faaaar too close on my keyboard, hehe.

You must have some sort of pro mod to your keyboard, mine are like, many keys apart smile

Last edited by DKSTR (Feb 5, 2013 5:06 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Yeah, that's the joke.

Finland

Im from Finland, I dont understand concept of joke

UK, Leicester
DKSTR wrote:

Im from Finland, I dont understand concept of joke

Made my day.

Kinda a dumb question I know, but this goes back o what bronychip said, how d you fit a 1/4 jack in a gameboy? I'm no expert on the placement and internal workings of gameboys, from what I remember there isn't a lot of space.

Los Angeles

Everyone knows that the true mark of a pro is the gold connector. It makes everything sound so much more, golder.

Washington DC
trash80 wrote:

Everyone knows that the true mark of a pro is the gold connector. It makes everything sound so much more, golder.

IL, US
trash80 wrote:

did you work at best buy in the past  too?