shanghai

funny that OP doesnt even chk back to his own thread haha

IL, US

maybe theyre just used to the kind of forums where it takes a week or more to get useful answers

e.s.c. wrote:

maybe theyre just used to the kind of forums where it takes a week or more to get useful answers

Pretty much.

Kris k wrote:

Maybe try Piggy Tracker- if you know LSDJ already it's not too hard and you can always sample your LSDJ stuff and import it as samples into Piggy.

Looks pretty cool. I may do just that.

Downstate wrote:

funny that OP doesnt even chk back to his own thread haha

Sorry I didn't respond right away. I thought it'd be best to give the form time to develop.

shanghai

no i meant its funny that we turned your thread into mild drama before you'd even had a chance to check back. i would suggest using ablteon live over lgpt. for the simple reason, you could record your full song parts or loops direct from the gameboy instead of sampling your LSDJ sounds as one shots and making the stuff on LGPT...... that way in ableton you have tonnes of possibilitys to add drums, extra synths, vst's or whatever. it all depends how much you want to balance the chip sounds and other electronic sounds..... thats just my preference. but i also use lgpt when im out and about because i prefer it to lsdj thesedays. I can add any samples I want, easy to have all the sine's tri's pules's and shit that your heart desires as well as lots of nice drum sounds....and eight channels. hmmm - i guess in conclusion id say both options are pretty fucking awesome.

Last edited by Downstate (Feb 8, 2013 2:46 pm)

IL, US

you can sample loops and run them in piggy too, really easy to do

Brazil

If you don't mind using a DAW like ableton, go for it right now. I love piggy, but it depends if you want to make music on the go.

babylon
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

If you don't mind using a DAW like ableton, go for it right now. I love piggy, but it depends if you want to make music on the go.

im still trying to turn people onto sunvox, its currently the only "real" tracker that has an ios and android port for your on the go needs. i personally love it, you can go straight samples or use its awesome synths to generate any chippy sounds you need.

Downstate wrote:

no i meant its funny that we turned your thread into mild drama before you'd even had a chance to check back. i would suggest using ablteon live over lgpt. for the simple reason, you could record your full song parts or loops direct from the gameboy instead of sampling your LSDJ sounds as one shots and making the stuff on LGPT...... that way in ableton you have tonnes of possibilitys to add drums, extra synths, vst's or whatever. it all depends how much you want to balance the chip sounds and other electronic sounds..... thats just my preference. but i also use lgpt when im out and about because i prefer it to lsdj thesedays. I can add any samples I want, easy to have all the sine's tri's pules's and shit that your heart desires as well as lots of nice drum sounds....and eight channels. hmmm - i guess in conclusion id say both options are pretty fucking awesome.

I agree that Ableton looks great, I'm just concerned with the cost. I'm willing to pay up to $150. Live intro on the Ableton site is $74 but to get the standard Live 8 it's $337. Would you recommend intro? How many limitations would I have? Is there another site I could go to in order to get a better deal?

Last edited by pokapop (Feb 8, 2013 6:47 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

SoundCloud have away a version of ableton lite some time ago, that's how I know I'll be using Renoise for some time to come.

walter b. gentle wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

im still trying to turn people onto sunvox, its currently the only "real" tracker that has an ios and android port for your on the go needs. i personally love it, you can go straight samples or use its awesome synths to generate any chippy sounds you need.

I'd love to get it for my Android tablet. It's cool that they made Sunvox an app.

definitely try sunvox before shelling out the cash for live. I find live terribly uncomfortable.

also renoise is fun and you can get comfortable with it in the free version.

Last edited by 9H05T (Feb 8, 2013 11:15 pm)

Chicago IL

Everything on the internet is free.

shanghai

cough cough *torrent ableton live 8* cough cough

Tokyo, Japan

I appreciate you arent posting links to anything, but please dont encourage people to torrent commercial software.

10. We do not condone piracy in any form. Anyone posting links to illegal torrents and/or "warez" will be making an offense worthy of a ban from Chipmusic.org by its staff.