Dallas

I've been experimenting with biverting gameboys recently and I ran into a rather odd problem. For some reason one of the gameboys I'm working on seems to only display black and white but no grey colors. I checked thoroughly for a crossed wire, but I can't find any. And obviously the contrast wheel does not fix this problem. Does anyone have any ideas? It seems this is one of the most prevalent issue with biverting a gameboy as I've found quite a few posts about it, but no solution.

I'm using the second (switchable) version from this guide: http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2009/11/23 … d-palette/

The switch works fine, but there are no grey pixels in either mode.

Any help is much appreciated.

Santa Cruz, California

Dude, I'm having a very similar problem.
My inverted palette works, but my normal one doesn't have any mid-tones. I've rewired it 4 times with 4 different 74HC04's, but the results are unchanged.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 11, 2013 4:58 am)

You may have cut on the wrong side of the via for one of the traces. Do you have any pictures?

Santa Cruz, California

› here's mine

The cut is in the right place in yours, but the trace doesn't look completely removed.

Dallas

Yep! i tested this morning and that was exactly the problem. Thanks for finally putting this problem down. I also had to restore the connection that I cut for everything to work right. For those that have the same problem in the future I made a picture.