New Albany Indiana

So i took my prosound off to do a cleaner job to fit some rca cables on, after i was done and tested the sounds i found that it was barley hearable with head phones on. Any one who knows any thing about why this is happening, that would be great.

PS: Im doing the music for a play at school today at 8, i need help fast.

Chicago IL

the headphone jack is usually very quiet after a prosound job. test the RCA levels.

New Albany Indiana
Saskrotch wrote:

the headphone jack is usually very quiet after a prosound job. test the RCA levels.

I didn't have time to do the RCA, and i know that it is lower but this is extremely low, i can barley hear the "Baaaaaading!" when it starts up.

Murcia, Spain

The pro sound sounds very quiet on headphones, opposite to on speakers, it's normal.

New Albany Indiana
DogTag wrote:

The pro sound sounds very quiet on headphones, opposite to on speakers, it's normal.

My god, i know that it is very quiet, ive done this before, my problem is that i can on hear it barley.

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Line-out or "pro sound" mods bypass a power amplifier, so of course it sounds quieter.

Gosford, Australia

are you using the same pair of headphones? some headphone drivers need a lot more gain to get a decent sound compared to others (this would be more apparent with a "quieter" signal, after all).

if you already had a prosound 1/8" jack (internal or external) then maybe the added RCA outputs are drawing more signal away from the headphone jack? idk how that shit works though lol. maybe post pics of your work so someone learned can see if you've goofed it up.

Chicago IL

well i hope you learned why you don't half-mod a gameboy when you have an event coming up

New Albany Indiana
Saskrotch wrote:

well i hope you learned why you don't half-mod a gameboy when you have an event coming up

Ok, first of all, ive done a prosound before and i know the level of volume it puts out. I just took all the solder off and re-did it with new wire. For the even i just used bgb and had a line connected to the speakers. It wasn't as glorious but it worked.

You could have grabbed any Gameboy around.  You didn't have a second one or a friend with one laying around?  It didn't have to be prosound.  Prosound may give a slight volume boost and bass boost but it's not required.  Actually, I used to record all of my songs with a Gameboy Pocket without prosound and other than a little more hiss than normal, I thought they sounded fine.

New Albany Indiana

Its the same gameboy, i did switch the circuit board out with a cleaner one, the original board had solder all over it. When i say you could barley hear it, i mean that you can barley hear it, i know the norm for volume with, without prosound, and something is wrong.

vancouver, canada
Bit wish wrote:

barley

Bit wish wrote:

barley

Bit wish wrote:

barley

Bit wish wrote:

barley

Bit wish wrote:

barley

Bit wish wrote:

barley

Bit wish wrote:

barley

New Albany Indiana
everyone wrote:

Its normal

everyone wrote:

Its normal

everyone wrote:

Its normal

everyone wrote:

Its normal

everyone wrote:

Its normal

You should show hi-res pictures of the circuit board.  Maybe someone can pick out the problem that way.

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

barley is not an adverb.

Last edited by xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx (Feb 13, 2013 8:54 pm)

This is the interwebs.  Typos are legal.  I've seen much worse grammar/spelling issues than saying barley instead of barely.