ohgodno, Indiana

Ive installed/removed this twice with no problem but the past three ive done two of wtich black screened one was too many lines to fixx sad
Anyone got any tricks on removing the film since ive been having issues lately for some odd reason but not with any other mods//////

Thanks.

What I usually do is begin in a corner, put a razorblade under the whole film (make sure you get all layers)
and then just start peeling.

don't hold it and the end and start jerking tho. always grip as close to the screen as you can get, pull of a few mm and then regrip. I usually go round in circles.

as for the lines, that's the connector. maybe you pulled the screen up to high and the connector on the bottom got loose?

I do it pretty much the same way as Timbob.  And go really slow.

shanghai

patience - mad patience.
to be far i only ever successfully backlit one dmg, and i killed 2 before my success haha thankfully i dont need to do it ever again !

Last edited by Downstate (Feb 13, 2013 4:29 pm)

If you don't trust yourself to do another one, I'll do it for free but you'll have to pay for shipping both ways so I doubt that'll be worth it for you.  I've done it for others but some people don't trust themselves at all so it's worth it for them.

hiding under your bed

After backlighting quite a few dmgs, I only just ran into the black screen problem last night. Does anyone know the specific cause of this and if there's an easy way to fix it?

shanghai

probably you fucked up the flappy bit at the bottom of the screen - i did that before, i bend it up too much and put a tiny rip in it and it was dead.

ohgodno, Indiana
Downstate wrote:

patience - mad patience.
to be far i only ever successfully backlit one dmg, and i killed 2 before my success haha thankfully i dont need to do it ever again !

lol me too, this is attempt #3

ohgodno, Indiana
nerdsome wrote:

If you don't trust yourself to do another one, I'll do it for free but you'll have to pay for shipping both ways so I doubt that'll be worth it for you.  I've done it for others but some people don't trust themselves at all so it's worth it for them.

If i mess up this next one ill def send you two todo for me but these tips are great so hopefully they will work for me haha

EDIT: three

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm)

Downstate wrote:

probably you fucked up the flappy bit at the bottom of the screen

Love this description.  No joke.  I try to sound more intelligent when on forums but in real life, this is exactly how I talk.

b4by f4c3 wrote:

If i mess up this next one ill def send you two todo for me but these tips are great so hopefully they will work for me haha

EDIT: three

Sounds good...  Just try to leave the LCD as flat as possible.  Just use thumb and index and just slowly peel a tiny bit at a time.  It's easy, just tedious.

Brazil

I got it on the first time, but I was REEEEEEALLY SLOW. And Some stuff got stuck, but I with the razor, very gently I ripped it off  (I'm not saying you should do this, do it at your own risk).

ohgodno, Indiana

Sounds good...  Just try to leave the LCD as flat as possible.  Just use thumb and index and just slowly peel a tiny bit at a time.  It's easy, just tedious.

Well i got it down, the 'circular slow pull' BUT NOT YANK worked like a charm...Barely had to scrape/clean the glass after, thanks guys!

.FILTHadelphia

Nail polish remover helps with that sticky mess. Definitely don't try to cut all the way through it doesn't work that well and you chance slicing that ribbon cable.

Bristol, UK

Just make sure you get both layers lifted before you peel it off, once you get used to it you can do it perfectly 99% of the time. I find that usually play it louds are much easier to get the film off of, probably because they're not as old. Try and get a few cheap greyboys to practice on.

ohgodno, Indiana
Evil Scientist wrote:

Just make sure you get both layers lifted before you peel it off, once you get used to it you can do it perfectly 99% of the time. I find that usually play it louds are much easier to get the film off of, probably because they're not as old. Try and get a few cheap greyboys to practice on.

That would explain why the first one I tried worked soo good

ohio gozaimasu

Peel back both layers, lather in rubbing alcohol, separate further with a razor, rubbing alcohol, ect.