Victoria, BC, Canada

[I would love to enter this community as gracefully as possible, so please, someone inform me if I'm out of line by making my first post here a promotion for this release. I just haven't anything else to say at this moment, didn't see an intro thread or rule against this sort of thing, and this release happens to be brand new. I do intend to keep posting. smile Cheers!]

This album has been stewing, fermenting, and gradually mutating over the past year of development...  and it's finally emerged as a diverse, upbeat, unpredictable and exciting mix of chiptunes, electric guitars, and assorted guest appearances from the likes of Shawn Phase, Norrin Radd, and MC Fen. May you be rawked!

Download a .zip of the album here!

"Test Subject" promo teaser for the curious

Individual track downloads: (link to the .zip can be found above)

01. Bait Thief
02. Moving Sidewalk
03. Honeydew (Feat. Shawn Phase)
04. Durian II
05. Who Can Stop Us? (Feat. MC Fen & Norrin Radd)
06. No Reason (Feat. MC Fen)
07. Cheque, Please
08. Teal (Letting Go)
09. Ultramarine (Free)
10. Test Subject

A great deal of effort went into creating this album, I invite you all to kindly give it a listen. I think you will enjoy it. smile

~Josiah/Bit_Rat

Last edited by Bit_Rat (Apr 17, 2010 1:57 pm)

Hoboken, NJ

I think I've listened to this at least 10-12 times all the way through since it came out last week. So good, everyone get on this now if you haven't already.

downloading smile

Victoria, BC, Canada

Thanks Moldi! L-tron, hope you enjoy it smile

~Josiah

))<>((

First track is awesome, downloading full release now. big_smile

Victoria, BC, Canada

Thanks for the download-- hope you dig it, bread! (can I call you bread? tongue )

~Josiah

Minneapolis

Hmm, this is quite nice, and the artwork is most impressive! I'm looking forward to 2 minutes from now when it's done DL'ing. smile

EDITED: OH YES! Not disappointed at all! These past 2 weeks have been sheer GOLD for music releases, and this one is no exception.

EDITED again: and, you're not breaking any rules at all- I'd say this is a great introduction. Now, over at that other chiptune forum whose name is too loathsome to mention even in abbreviation (haha!) you might have gotten some flame, but this is quite impressive and I hope to see you around here more often.

Last edited by arfink (Mar 22, 2010 11:51 pm)

Victoria, BC, Canada

Thank you kindly! I'm very grateful that you enjoyed it. smile

I've actually been registered at the... other place for a good while (since before things started snowballing), and this is posted over there as well, but it's been mostly ignored-- I am assuming because the place isn't as active now as it used to be. In any case, I have good feelings about this place already... Thank you for the welcome! I will most definitely be sticking around.

~Josiah

Minneapolis

I'm just pulling your leg with the whole unmentionable thing with 8bc. smile All in good jest, which Jose and Co. don't seem to understand. I finished browsing through your album, and it calls for a very thorough listen... middle of the night, pitch dark, with some high quality heaphones on fairly low volume... savor every sample, every timbre. My hopes are high that it'll be one of "those" albums, which most chiptune albums aren't for me. Good work!

Victoria, BC, Canada

Wow, great to hear! I really appreciate your positive comments. smile I am very proud of this album so it's extremely rewarding to hear you say such things. Seems like all the hard work finally paid off!

~Josiah

Victoria, BC, Canada

Bump! This release is getting completely ignored over at 8bc. I didn't work a year on this to have it drop off everyone's radar so immediately-- help combat such injustices and give this album a jam! wink

~Josiah

Victoria, BC, Canada

The opening track "Bait Thief" was apparently played on The Nerdy Show recently accompanied by some very, very kind words of praise from the hosts!

Listen to a crop of the segment here!

And of course, you can listen to the track in question here.

~Josiah

Hoboken, NJ

Djinnocide and I did a little interview with Bit_Rat about Test Subject over at Beep City. Check it out!

http://www.beepcity.com/features/bit_rat-test-subject

Victoria, BC, Canada

Thanks Moldi! Just came here to post that myself smile

~Josiah

Minneapolis
Bit_Rat wrote:

Bump! This release is getting completely ignored over at 8bc. I didn't work a year on this to have it drop off everyone's radar so immediately-- help combat such injustices and give this album a jam! wink

~Josiah

It's 8bc, what did you expect?

Victoria, BC, Canada
arfink wrote:
Bit_Rat wrote:

~Josiah

It's 8bc, what did you expect?

Well, I'm not sure. It's just a mystery to me how the popular artists over there get popular in the first place! It's like you need to buy a special megaphone and all the other really good artists are just ignored as they scream their heads off. tongue

~Josiah