So, a while back, I happend to be at a Zara store (because I work there), and it looks like Zara did for databending what Rihanna did to seapunk.

It's mainstream now people...

Fuck.

shanghai

who cares though really. the t shirts are solid shit.

The text is quite ugly... Shiny black with white border that isn't quite centerd. In a font that doesn't look good on the shirt.

They would've been a lot better of they had better text design. Or no text at all.

Nottingham, UK

Cool hunters do this shit. Remember when Kanye did welcome to heartbreak and made datamoshing mainstream? It's always just the surface elements catered to the mass market.

It's a case of either giving up or hunkering down and seeing what happens. An the plus side, in a few months data bending will be old and out of fashion rather than ignored and unfashionable.

Westfield, NJ

databending was never cool tho

Sydney, NSW

dude, who gives a shit. people adopt artistic movements all the time. it doesn't mean it's "over" or anything.

grow up.

Chainsaw Police wrote:

dude, who gives a shit. people adopt artistic movements all the time. it doesn't mean it's "over" or anything.

grow up.

I wasn't taking it too serious... Just thought it was funny.
No need to get your panties in a knot.

Decktonic wrote:

databending was never cool tho

babylon

r.i.p. pukeflytalker

walter b. gentle wrote:

r.i.p. pukeflytalker

Heh. big_smile

Holland

I think Chainsaw Police just bought 3 t-shirts at Zara and then saw this thread.

xylo wrote:

I think Chainsaw Police just bought 3 t-shirts at Zara and then saw this thread.

fuk lol

Sydney, NSW
xylo wrote:

it was an impulse purchase, okay?

Chainsaw Police wrote:
xylo wrote:

it was an impulse purchase, okay?

big_smile

Boston, MA

the text is arial, very surface level design