Central Coast, NSW, Australia

I've been using my gameboy pocket recently as my main gameboy. Upon inseting LSDJ and trying to play the track I'm working on it starts playing the music, then after half a bar the screen goes blank. By the end of the bar the gameboy has turned off. It happens as soon as the start button is pressed. Pressing the start button doesn't make any of my games behave this way. I haven't had a chance to try out a different LSDJ cart in it yet. Any idea how to fix this?

did you try using new batteries? When they are dying my color will do this

clovis CA

new batteries?

Yup, I did try new batteries.

Is it backlit? Also, what kind of flash cart is it?

It's not backlit. It's a USB 64MB Smart Card.

Chicago IL

If you wrote it on a non-pocket, there's a huge possibility that the track is just too much for the pocket's CPU to handle.

Saskrotch wrote:

If you wrote it on a non-pocket, there's a huge possibility that the track is just too much for the pocket's CPU to handle.

I wrote it on a classic gameboy. I thought that the pocket would be slightly more powerful? Whoops. That certainly would explain the weird behavior.

Last edited by OrigamiCat (Feb 20, 2013 5:35 am)

Gosford, Australia

i can't imagine anything you've done being too cpu-heavy though (not a bad thing, btw tongue)
although if you have vibrato playing on both pulses and the wave channel at the same time then that might do it

but yeah, you should be able to use LSDJ on the pocket without any troubles.

Chicago IL

I stopped using pockets cause they always crashed on anything I wrote. Colors can handle more than a DMG, Pockets can't, at least in my experience.

Well this is annoying. So in theory it should be fine if I write the piece on the pocket as opposed to using the DMG?

Gah, It won't even load LSDJ now. It just comes up with the Nintendo symbol then switches off.

Chicago IL
OrigamiCat wrote:

Well this is annoying. So in theory it should be fine if I write the piece on the pocket as opposed to using the DMG?

If you write it on the pocket, you'll become aware of what it can't handles as you write it. It's not an issue of where it's written, but what the chip on each one can handle.

Serbia,Belgrade

The pocket drains the ems carts battery.Probably the problem that you're having is that.You will need to switch the battery in it.There is nothing that comes to my mind that can cause it to behave like this.I am almkst 100% sure it's that.

New Albany Indiana

I had the same problem, if new batteries don't work, try cleaning the battery contacts.

New Albany Indiana

Oh and pockets don't like EMS carts, they drain the battery in them.