Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows of any chiptune artists in India and neighbouring countries ? We've got a pretty healthy electronic music scene here in India but no chiptune artists I can think of, but in a country of 1 billion people there must be a few people that do this kind of stuff...

I'd like to put on an event to introduce people to 8bit music but I don't want to solely rely on foreign artists so if anyone knows of Indian guys making chiptune music, please hit me up on [email protected]

Cheers

London

I did a little show in Bangalore once, it was great fun, but there was no other chip artists there. I'm sure they are out there somewhere!

matt's mind

there are indeed people in India doing this (at least they've got the gear for it)

its sort of interesting you'd post this, orders to India in the last two months have noticeably picked up...  all gameboy stuff so far

don't know any artist names for you though, and i'm not supposed to give out personal order contact info like that sowwies hmm  but, they are in existence!  what i can do though is send out an email to the india addresses and if they are cool with being shared get back to you!

Montreal, Canada

the birth of chipmusic bollywood? that could be interesting smile

Brunswick, GA USA

The Chiptune scene in India is named Makunda, author of IT2NSF and other fine tools.

New Albany Indiana

I have some friends in Indonesia, does that count?

That create chip music at least.

Last edited by Bit wish (Feb 25, 2013 5:52 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

India and Indonesia are quite a distance apart...

ohio gozaimasu

I don't live in India but my sister lives in Indiana so I guess that's close enough

ad-hell-aide

I presented some tech at a conference in Mumbai once, including some chip stuff.

Lovely city and wonderful peeps smile

Chicago
n00bstar wrote:

the birth of chipmusic bollywood? that could be interesting smile

http://jtholen.bandcamp.com/album/when- … e-rainbows

Brooklyn NY US
Bit wish wrote:

I have some friends in Indiana, does that count?

Sweeeeeeden
Bit Shifter wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I have some friends in Indiana, does that count?

Too late. Cooshinator already did that joke.

ad-hell-aide

oh josh.

Thanks for the answers ! gwEm wherabout's did you play in Bangalore ? And how long ago was that ?

Kitsch that would be amazing ! I'd like to put on a show with local guys before the end of the year and then based on the reception try and bring over a bigger international name so yeah any suggestions for local guys is really welcome (I'm Bombay based).

little-scale wrote:

I presented some tech at a conference in Mumbai once, including some chip stuff.

Lovely city and wonderful peeps smile

Where was the conference held man ? And do you remember who were the organizers ?

ad-hell-aide

It was called TechFest in Mumbai at the technical college there (can't remember the name), back in 2009 or so.