Madriz, Supain

I searched and didnt find a thred, so Im starting my own.

yesterday i went to a thrift store and they had the forst one at 80 eurobucks and the third one at a higher price. Needless to say, i bought the third one.

Now I know nothing about it, just toyed a bit with filters on lsdj and the such, but im looking forward to use it live as much as I can.

¿Does any of you got one and want to share some info and whatnot? This way we can turn the thread in one of those we use to link when someone asks for info.

€80 is a pretty good price I believe.  I usually see them for $200 and up and on occasion they go for less but usually in to $200 range.

That's all I know though.  I've never used one.  Is it fun so far?  I've debated getting one but never did.

Czech republic

I believe 80 was for KP1.
I've never used KP3, only KP2. I'd suggest checking out youtube reviews and tutorials and such. There's most of the interesting stuff covered. Plus manual.

I'd be interested in the sampling capabilities, mainly with midi clock sync...

Seattle, WA

I use a KP3 with LSDJ quiet a bit. It's great fun just messing around with effects, as long as you don't overdo it. I also use the sampler a lot when I'm playing live. I record short samples into the KP3 sampler--mostly glitchy stuff from circuit bent keyboards that I don't want to lug around. It serves me pretty well.

I never could get the KP3 midi clock to sync properly with LSDJ, but I didn't try very hard. I'm sure it's possible.

Montreal, Canada

The KP3 is an amazing little piece of gear. You made a terrific purchase. The sampler on it is just a breeze to use in a live setting and you can pull off hours of improv with it. I used to work at a music store and during the dead hours (that is... the entire day... who the hell buys a 5000$ piano at 10 in the morning?) I'd plug a few synths into a mixer, hook that up to the KP3 and jam the entire day away.

One thing you'll want to do is save your own presets in the little buttons up there so you don't have to sift through the 400 millions "meh" effects in the machine. IIRC (it's been years) you can also save your finger's position on the pad so that when you recall an effect you can have it set directly to where you want it.

Also, dumping samples to a new sample is super useful. The mix can get muddy if you do it too often and end up with 94 tracks mixed into a single sample but still.

One thing though.. it totally sucks at loading/saving data. You have time to raise kids by the time it's done loading something. It's ok in the studio, but live its kind of pointless.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
n00bstar wrote:

One thing though.. it totally sucks at loading/saving data. You have time to raise kids by the time it's done loading something. It's ok in the studio, but live its kind of pointless.

Yeah. This.

Joliette, QC, Canada
n00bstar wrote:

I used to work at a music store and during the dead hours (that is... the entire day... who the hell buys a 5000$ piano at 10 in the morning?) I'd plug a few synths into a mixer, hook that up to the KP3 and jam the entire day away.

MOOG Audio ?

Russia

I use it with midi clock function. Absolutely usefull. Watch my youtube channell there are much tutorialsbhow to connect kp3 with lsdj.

Montreal, Canada
XyNo wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

I used to work at a music store and during the dead hours (that is... the entire day... who the hell buys a 5000$ piano at 10 in the morning?) I'd plug a few synths into a mixer, hook that up to the KP3 and jam the entire day away.

MOOG Audio ?

Nah, I didn't pass their "act like a pretentious retard" test. I worked at Ital, cause I passed the "just ignore everyone" test.