Nomad's Land

I've updated the binaries, could you please check if you can send them with TI Connect without errors?

If you don't have a sound cable then the crappy but wireless alternative is to put the calc next to an AM radio.

Milwaukee, WI
irrlichtproject wrote:

then the *preferred* alternative is to put the calc next to an AM radio.

FTFY - I'll test this today. Thank you for your help.

Milwaukee, WI

Just DL'd 0.3 and I still get the Incompatible Type message with TI Connect. Furthermore, when I drag/drop into TI Connect thru the TI device explorer I now get a "Error! File is corrupt or damaged." message, which didn't happen before.

Going to try TiLP now.

Milwaukee, WI

TiLP doesn't recognize the Houston Tracker files when I navigate to their location. When I drag/drop, TiLP just crashes and closes. I'm on a 64bit machine.

Nomad's Land

Crap, so it seems I need to tweak the linker a bit after all. Will get to this on Monday, got stuff to do the next days.

Nomad's Land

Fixed the file name issue, but unfortunately I broke the 8XP build along the way. Right now I'm pretty clueless as to what causes the issue, but I'm sure it's not too serious. Hope to fix it soon.

EDIT: Everything should work now. TSC, would you be so nice to try it on your 83+ again?

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Sep 9, 2013 1:02 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Everything works!

Milwaukee, WI

United States

six pages in an no one mentions the great name?

Dallas, Texas

So I can't find TiLP 1.6 anywhere at all. And I'm having no luck with the official TI connect software, nor the TiLP II 1.16 in a virtual box. For the record I'm using Silver cable with TI-82. Is there a known formula for getting this to work(and what is it)? also will someone please link me to the proper link software to use please? I'm getting annoyed with all the errors I'm getting.

Nomad's Land

TiLP website is here: http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/ EDIT: err, look here for latest version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tilp/files/
Prior to installing TiLP, you need to uninstall TI Connect including all components, including the USB driver that came with it (important). TiLP comes with it's own USB driver. Also, note that TI Connect is incompatible with TI-82 and SilverLink.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Sep 14, 2013 11:42 am)

Dallas, Texas

Thanks for the links.

TI connect wasn't ever installed when I tried windows. I tried TI connect on my mac's system. TiLP won't even install on my mac. I'm using a virtual box to run windows and I installed the latest TiLP already and I'm getting errors.

Heres what I've been doing:
I hit 2nd+mem and resent memory.
Connect TI-82 and screen capture to make sure link has been made.
Hit 2nd+Link hit receive, then screen tells me "waiting"
I click on send files, go to crash.82B only to find it won't send that file type.
I then click on restore and double click crash.82B
TI-82 asks if I want to continue, I click "continue" then I get 'error in Xmit' on the 82 and a timout error in tilp.

Is this the correct formula or am I missing something?

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Sep 14, 2013 7:56 pm)

Nomad's Land

Strange, that's more or less how it should work. (Btw yes .82B files must be sent via "Restore".) I suspect the timeout might in fact occur because of running from virtual box. I'm afraid you'll have to try the hard way, as explained in /tilp2-1.17/build/osx/. Sorry, I'm not a mac user...

Dallas, Texas

Darn. Wish there was just a macports for it hmm   I'll try using an old pc that I have. (found it in the garbage XD)

Dallas, Texas

Ok, I got it working! It was indeed a virtual machine issue. Tried it with my garbage pc and it worked a treat. Now to add a audio jack to this puppy and rock!

killadelphia

siiiick - just bought one!  very interested in making some 1bit drones to mix over top of my Genesis or Gameboy stuff.  zilog z80 power!

Last edited by animalstyle (Oct 3, 2013 9:11 am)