Nomad's Land

If you have an older computer, you could just build one of those parallel/serial cables for 5$ or so.

Internal "prosound" mod - I've seen some schematics floating around for that, but I don't really think it's necessary. Those microjacks fit very tightly (much better than most 1/8in jacks), and the output is loud as f*ck anyway.

For those interested in demos for the platform, check the list I compiled here: http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?topic=16687.0

SLC, UT

Unfortunately I don't have computer with either port on it. So again I'll ask: Is there anyone that would be willing to flash this for me? I'd even be willing to pay a small fee for the inconvenience and of course I'd pay for shipping both ways!

Just to be sure, the TI-82 uses a 25mm (or 1/16?) jack? I ordered some stereo 25mm to 35mm adapters yesterday, just want to make sure they'll work.

I like your compilation there! The one I was specifically referring to was the one from Datastorm '13 with sound.

(219) Indiana, USA

Hey maybe kitsch will start making custom ti-82 cases and buttons. Maybe...........

Matthew Joseph Payne
zaxxon wrote:

Hey maybe kitsch will start making custom ti-82 cases and buttons. Maybe...........

My 83+ already has a clear green slide cover that I got when I was actually using it in high school.. let's talk backlights. wink

SLC, UT

I will so be looking into doing some kind of el backlight.

Nomad's Land

Backlight would indeed be a nice addition. Some attempts have been made before: http://web.archive.org/web/200104300239 … bpage.html

Also yes, 25mm is correct. You might need to scrap away a bit of plastic at the base though, so the plug goes in all the way. Best way to obtain a 1/16in to whatever adapter is to sacrifice a calc-to-calc link cable for it.

Someone asked me how you could make music with these things, and I was completely stumped. Nobody I know has ever seen a 3.55 mm exit nor speaker on those things. Where is that plug located on the calc?

Unsubscribe

I found an adapter easy on ebay.. its the kind used for older cellphone headphone jacks. the plug is on the very bottom of the unit.

Last edited by herr_prof (Aug 16, 2013 2:16 pm)

SLC, UT

This is what I got:

As I said earlier, it's a 2.5mm jack.

Nomad's Land

To all those needing cables: There are currently a couple of decent (~ 10$) offers for SilverLink cables (aka Silver TI Connect, GRAPH LINK USB) on Ebay US.

stargazer: yes, that will work, but you will probably need to grind down the base a bit, to make sure it goes in all the way.

Florida

I'm pretty late in the game, but this is way to cool! I cant wait to get my hands on a calculator to do this with!

Nomad's Land

For those interested, I've finally gotten around to releasing the source code. Guess what, it's a mess wink Also I'm a total n00b in regards to version control, so forgive me if not everything is set up correctly.

Milwaukee, WI

Bump.

TI Connect is giving me an error when using the USB Silverlink cable with TI-83+, no matter what version of Houston Tracker I try to upload. It says "Incompatible Type." Mirage OS uploaded just fine, so I know it's working properly.

Perhaps I'm missing something. Anyone else?

Milwaukee, WI

A direct drop displays "The name for this variable is not valid" text and gives me the option to rename "TXTRACKDependAsk."

Nomad's Land

Arrghh. I think I know what the problem is. There's a backslash in the internal file name and TI Connect can't handle it. You could use TiLP but you'd have to uninstall TI connect and the TI USB driver. Generally though TiLP is the better choice for connectivity software.

Anyway I'll try to fix this tomorrow, now I'm too wasted.

Ed: If you can rename the file, then try that, it can't hurt. There should be 2 characters after TXTRACK.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Aug 31, 2013 10:29 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

I tried "TXTRACK99" and it said it was too long. I tried "TXT99" and it seemed to work. I am now running Houston Tracker on the TI-83+ to the best of my knowledge. I have no way to actually hear it yet. Herp. Derp.