Santa Cruz, California
Enfy wrote:

Ohwow I like the paintjob! Only the external jack would be "unhandy" (is that a word? if not: inconvenient)

You barely notice it, actually.
Also, it's for doing live shows, and you'd have a 1/4" plugged into the bottom anyway.

Grimsby, UK
Enfy wrote:

would be "unhandy" (is that a word? if not: inconvenient)

you could just say would not be handy...

SLC, UT

Send a sample of chip metal to metallica, convince their manager its the next big thing (beck uses it, its rumored that the new gaga album will too) and then be like "oh hey and I have this perfect set up for you. Its totally metal." Then sell it to them for 2 grand.

No but really they look really good. I'd be interested to hear about the "patchy" style paint job technique. Never really seen that.

Santa Cruz, California
stargazer wrote:

I'd be interested to hear about the "patchy" style paint job technique. Never really seen that.

As soon as I get my HD cam, I'll be doing tutorials on all kinds of shit, not just video game stuff. One of the things I'll be covering is different painting techniques, and the "industrial patina" is first on the list.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Mar 24, 2013 2:02 am)

washington

why won't anyone buy this?

someone buy this!

SLC, UT

I'll buy if you promise to do a let's play of your choice either Michael Jackson genesis game or Michael Jordan chaos in the windy city for SNES. And you have to beat the whole thing with interesting commentary.

No but really I'd buy it just to help you but I'm as broke or more than you. Have you tried posting it on any other forums? I could see some fallout fans going nuts for this.

Santa Cruz, California

I've posted it on a bunch of other forums, but I haven't found a buyer to take it as is yet. Had a couple of people ask me to put additional mods in, but I simply don't have the time or money to invest into this project any further.
Gonna try to sling it on ebay as well.

Shot a quick video of it for youtube... I might get lucky.

washington

just a random question: did you put in any features that prevent the 1/4" dongle from being ripped out?

Santa Cruz, California

yes

Santa Cruz, California

Bump for the ad sheet at the store in Santa Cruz

Louisiana

This gameboy is so freaking awesome! A friend of mine made one and named it Fallout Boy also. It was dyed dark army green and had a weird pattern on it that happened due to the way the dye settled it looked really badass. I also have one that I named the Fallout Boy because it basically became the gameboy I use to test my lighting ideas. Its dyed brown and has a really funky pattern on it because I forgot to stir the dye lol. I dyed it early in the morning when I was half asleep and honestly just forgot. Heres a pic of it:

And another in the dark:

These are pretty old..at least a year now, a lot has been done to this thing since these were taken. I tried to sell it once but it never sold so I kept it and went nuts with it. Theres lights all over this freaking thing now. A lot of memories with this gameboy. Its the first gameboy I grab when Im about to try something new.

So welcome to the Fallout family lol. I think yours kills both of ours. smile

Santa Cruz, California

That thing looks hella raw! I like.
It's Kurt Cobain's DMG circa 1992.
If I didn't need the money for my HD camera and various equipment and parts for my youtube channel, I wouldn't be selling mine.

Santa Cruz, California

I can't believe how hard it is to sell this thing.

Well, I think it is because $130,- is a bit much for those mods.
I agree that the paintjob is something special (but it has to be someone's taste), but that's kind of it.

I see gameboys sell for $80 which have a biverted backlight, prosound (sometimes also RCA) and half time clock mod.

Personally I think $130,- is a bit much, but that might just be me.

Good luck selling it!

Last edited by W4LKR (May 3, 2013 6:37 pm)

clovis CA

i remember my first sale, and it was well over $100 for a backlight and a prosound, now I see prices that they sell for on ebay, and now everyone is only make like $20 off each gameboy now...

Santa Cruz, California

Maybe I should just start taking commissions.