BOSTON8BIT, MA

Hi guys,

I've got a metric shit-ton of games equipment from cleaning out my old apartment a couple of weeks ago, most of which will end up making its way here to the trading post. However, not quite sure how much a new-in-box C64 would go for since the quality spectrum of eBay auctions, posts on here, etc. is incredibly wide. The box is a bit faded, but I've got the system/RF screw adapter/power adapter (with twist ties still intact, haha). This thing has been sitting in the box since is was built, still has styrofoam in place. Anyone have a ballpark range of what I could expect for it?

Sorry if this is a stupid thing to do in trading post, but this is obviously the most reliable place to look for someone with an idea of what to charge. Thanks!

-chris

Last edited by Active Knowledge (Mar 8, 2013 1:22 am)

Planet Zaxxon

How much would you sell it for to a dear, dear friend?

Psydney, Australia

That's sounds like an auction piece!

Also wtf, having a c64 without ever using it, what a crime against humanity!

BOSTON8BIT, MA
O2star wrote:

How much would you sell it for to a dear, dear friend?

Hey bud :-) I have another one that's not as clean but just as functional and unused, I'll PM you about it if you're down.

iLKke wrote:

Also wtf, having a c64 without ever using it, what a crime against humanity!

Funny story, I had purchased one from rainbowdragoneyes after his studio flooded (:-() with the caveat that it was underwater and may not work... I managed to get it running but the sealed power brick must have had some water in it and flames came out of the top - I was explaining this to a guy at Radio Shack, and he gave me a phone number of a guy that he said may have a power supply or two kicking around... a guy who turned out to be the original Northeast warranty repair guy for Commodore :-O I was only asking for a power supply, but during a visit to his house he took both of these out and told me he'd let me have them for $20 a piece... I gave him $50.

So yeah, no idea what they'll actually go for but I just hate eBay and dealing with randoms on there.. we'll see how it goes I suppose.

San Diego

I'm just curious if you still have these C64s and if you'd be down for a trade of something? If not then how much you'd sell them for?

Montreal, Canada

Mint C64 are worth nothing at all.. you'd be lucky to get even just 2$ for it. So I'll offer you 10$.

wink

Santa Cruz, California

PM Sent.