London

Hey everyone,

So I've circuit bent this Kaoss Pad for sale and actually it kind of feels a bit sad to let it go, because it's just so much fun to play and it was quite a bit of work. Still, right now I rather need the money than another brilliant instrument. I thought some of you might be interested in this. It is a very intuitive piece of gear and I can imagine it going along well with lots of different music genres I have personally tested it with rock/blues Jamming with my housemates, chiptune livegigs, noise shows, ambient/shogaze gigs, electronica DJ sets and alone in my room processing whatever instrument I had around.

Here's a short demo video showcasing a few of the new possibilities you get with the bends I've built in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIHkfCTeq2I

I put it up on ebay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warstware-cir … 185935415?

If anyone of you would like to buy it and prefers to not go over ebay, please send me a pm and we can discuss it.

For more informations on my instruments, please visit http://www.warstware.der-warst.de.

Of course, if you have any questions about it, please let me know.

All the best,
Simon Warst

Last edited by der Warst (Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm)

Holy shit that's expensive.

Montreal, Canada

Meh

London

Well, yeah, I know this discussion.

I'm sorry you see it that way. 
I guess I forgot that we still live in a world where pretty much nobody gets paid for playing their music, because musicians are actually fun while doing their job, and electronics are dirt cheap because they involve no craft... Oh, wait a minute, they're still assembled by humans... who don't get any proper pay.

Think about the hours of work I put into it, considering it's pretty much my day job. I've done this for a while and have a lot of experience with circuit bending. What do you think I am supposed to sell an unique (as in: exists only once on the planet) instrument for that took me about a weeks' worth of work and is a result of 12 years of learning a craft?
It's not exactly your run of the mill I-took-out-the-speaker-and-put-an-ANALOGUE-patchbay-in-there ***L@@K ONE OF A KIND uniqe Casio SK-1 NOISE SYNTH L@@K***.

If you don't like the price and want something like this, go and build your own... smile

Last edited by der Warst (Mar 17, 2013 2:12 am)

What he said.

IL, US

can attest to der warst's soldering/modding quality, should be well worth the price... i'm still using a backlit prosound dmg i bought off him in 2006 or 2007 and it works great (this was the OG method.. before kits, kitsch, nonfinite, etc)

London

Cheers mate. Glad to hear it's still doing its job.

You got it at an absolute bargain price, too. Man, was I annoyed. But yeah, running a very specific auction to end a day before christmas and expecting it to do well was kind of stupid... smile After that, I completely lost interest in modding Gameboys for money.

people like you are the reason I'm broke haha. that's a pretty cool machine.

shanghai

not that expensive really starting at 300 quid. doesnt a kaoss pad cost 150 anyway ? this isnt something anyone could do - its not like bending a sk1 - thats fairly easy - you have to really know what you're doing to fuck with something like a kaoss pad id have thought. besides retards on ebay are buying broken analog synths for hundreds of pounds, and not even good ones, yesterday i saw a broken ass moog, literally fucked, glue and tape all over it, missing keys, fucked sound etc - that thing sold for 400 quid. so there's plently of peops with money to burn it seems ! excellent job on this OP.

IL, US
der Warst wrote:

Cheers mate. Glad to hear it's still doing its job.

You got it at an absolute bargain price, too. Man, was I annoyed. But yeah, running a very specific auction to end a day before christmas and expecting it to do well was kind of stupid... smile After that, I completely lost interest in modding Gameboys for money.

that was really weird, no idea how it slipped past other people (or if i was just the only person who had some cash left before the holidays)...but yep, still plugging along nicely smile

Downstate wrote:

not that expensive really starting at 300 quid. doesnt a kaoss pad cost 150 anyway ?

Yeah I think that's expensive. I would't pay more than 150£ for a KP3 so yeah minimum 350£ for a KP1 is expensive. Modded or not.

Montreal, Canada

My "meh" wasn't directed at the price. You have a right to charge as much as the fishes are going to bite for and it's nobody's business but yours. My meh was at the machine itself. The demo seems to indicate you randomly click stuff, hoping something will happen, then sweep the knob for added effect. Very little use of the actual pad, with is the entire point of such a device. And the sounds you get from it are just generic glitchery with very little musical purpose. That said however, it's still your business to sell whatever you want at whatever price you want, but if you post it on a public forum, you need to learn to take replies like a man and not just respond with bad attitude.

n00bstar wrote:

My "meh" wasn't directed at the price. You have a right to charge as much as the fishes are going to bite for and it's nobody's business but yours. My meh was at the machine itself. The demo seems to indicate you randomly click stuff, hoping something will happen, then sweep the knob for added effect. Very little use of the actual pad, with is the entire point of such a device. And the sounds you get from it are just generic glitchery with very little musical purpose. That said however, it's still your business to sell whatever you want at whatever price you want, but if you post it on a public forum, you need to learn to take replies like a man and not just respond with bad attitude.

" but if you post it on a public forum, you need to learn to take replies like a man"  HAHAHAAH are you serious? Since when has a forum required BEING A MAN. It is the internet and no one has to do anything. How about if you have nothing nice or intelligent to say you don't say anything at all. I think this is my favorite quote of all time.....take replies like a man...what the hell hahaha this made my day.

Sweeeeeeden

Show some respect. This is the guy who essentially invented Gameboy backlighting in 2005 using kitchen aluminum foil and plastic from a CD case. Before we all got used to using premade backlight panels.

http://www.der-warst.de/warstware/backlight.html

nitro2k01 wrote:

Show some respect. This is the guy who essentially invented Gameboy backlighting in 2005 using kitchen aluminum foil and plastic from a CD case. Before we all got used to using premade backlight panels.

http://www.der-warst.de/warstware/backlight.html

BOOM!

Los Angeles, CA

n00bstar is living up to the first half of his name, because hot damn that thing makes some killer sounds. It's like chipthrash in a box.