Solar System

Is there any tutorial for this mod???

Austin, TX

This should help you find the points for hooking up external controls,
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5593/ … schematic/

Solar System

will this mod works for SP too?

You cannot just hook up some buttons and joystick. For this mod you need a keyboard controller, which is located inside the keyboard itself. You could put the controller in a box and hook up the joystick to the arrow keys, and the pushbuttons to whatever other buttons.

This is not straight foreward. Keyboards use a button matrix. Let's say there's 50 pins on the controller. So pin 1 and pin 17 might make the button S, or another. Whatever. And pin 1 and pin 12 make another button.

The easy way would to just hook up the buttons and joystick directly to the D-Pad and A, B, Start, Select buttons.

Unsubscribe

tangentially related, does anyone make panel mount arcade buttons that are slightly smaller than the biggie arcade style buts, but have the same action?

Solar System

@Glitch- So I simply solder arcade buttons to dpad, a ,b ,start, select, and left, right???

@Herrprof- Yep I want use miniature arcade buttons. When I will google mini arcade push buttons manufacturer I will post link here. There was NAMCO TV games and SEGA TV games with miniature pushbuttons. So must be there someone and producing them...

Last edited by Matej (Mar 18, 2013 8:24 pm)

Matej wrote:

@Glitch- So I simply solder arcade buttons to dpad, a ,b ,start, select, and left, right???

Yeah.

The switches of the DMG is made by the outer plastic button (what you touch), the rubber (what actually makes the connection), and the circuitboard. The spot where the rubber touches the circuitboard and makes the connection is made of carbon. You can't solder on this, so you need to find a spot further down the trace where you can solder too.

Also, sometimes these kind of switches all share a Vss or Vpp, so you might be able to solder one wire too all of the buttons (on the shared side ofcause) and then just connect that wire with all the buttons, and then just one wire from each of the buttons to the circuitboard. BUT if you don't know what your doing, don't do it this way, you'd probably just fuck it up.

Maybe I should make a tutorial on this. Hmm... But I don't have any arcade buttons.

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Mar 18, 2013 8:37 pm)