United States

So I finally got klystrack to work on my distro with one of the nightly build .debs. I was wondering if you guys knew any good beginner tutorials for this? Not sure if it's a bug or not but I can't seem to lay any notes down on it... So far I'm only good on sunvox and lmms, I can do a little bit on sid-wizard.

Montreal, Canada

Shamless plug. There's not many of them yet, they do take a fair bit of time to write, but still....

http://n00bstar.blogspot.ca/p/klystrack-tutorials.html

also this:

https://code.google.com/p/klystrack/wiki/Commands

Last edited by n00bstar (Mar 17, 2013 9:22 pm)

United States

Thanks, I'll check those out smile

Edit: still not sure why notes won't go on the patterns when I press the spacebar/go into edit mode.

Last edited by IceWolf (Mar 18, 2013 2:20 am)

Montreal, Canada

You got skype? I could show you live with a screen share. PM me your skype name.

Paso del Rey, Argentina

I Began reading the tutorial and it is very useful! Thanks for posting this!

Tokyo, Japan

Agreed, these tutorials rule. Also glad the linux version is more current now! It was about 2 years out of date.

Montreal, Canada

Btw.. offer stands for all, PM me your skype names if you'd like to spy on me making music in klystrack. I can answer a lot of questions and show you live examples if you're having trouble with anything. Sometimes, all you need is to see it done to understand.

United States

n00bstar, do I have to have a working webcam to see what you're doing on the program?

Montreal, Canada

No, don't need it to spy on my screen. Unless you're a very hot girl, then yes.. yes it's totally required.

United States

Lol alright, cool cause my webcam drivers are whacked out on linux. Heh I hear you on the girl thing big_smile

Edit: good job on those tutorials btw, explanatory and entertaining smile I wget-ed em up in a folder called klystrack manual.

Last edited by IceWolf (Mar 19, 2013 2:21 am)

Montreal, Canada

One more tutorial has been posted!

Montreal, Canada

Bumping this once more, because.... a new tutorial has be posted and I'm a whore for shameless self promotion.

Paso del Rey, Argentina

Thanks for these tutorials! I had problems creating decent drum sounds in Klystrack, and your tutorial will help me a lot. I began reading it and it seems very interesting, as were all the previous ones you made.
Keep the good work!

Montreal, Canada

My pleasure good sir. I am writing the snares/hihats one right now as I sip my morning (3pm) coffee. Should be up soon, ish, kinda. smile

los angeles

ur really nice and ur a nice person 2

Montreal, Canada

Thinking I'm a nice person would be a mistake wink

I'm just a helpful asshole.