UK, Leicester

Yeah, as the title says, I'm having trouble playing songs in sync. I wanted to try more advanced songs, using more than one copy of LSDJ, and seeing as I have no money, but a bunch of other consoles that can emulate a DMG, I thought I'd give it a go. I set up two psp 3000s with  LSDJ on rin, set up my DS phat with LSDJ in lameboy, and my gameboy, to try and play a song. To test to see if they would all play at the same time, I had the same song (The owl's theme in ocarina of time) playing on all of them. After looping the same pattern, 5 little patterns or whatever they are, the consoles started to fall out of sync. The two psp's where noticeably ahead after the song had looped around 11-13 times, and the DS had actually fallen behind noticeably within about 16-18. Even after messing around with some of rin's settings, I couldn't get them to all play in time. If anybody has any ideas on how to make them all play in sync, that would be pretty cool. If my flashcart for my DS matters (some run faster or something, I've been out of the homebrew circle for a while) I'm using an M3 Simply with the latest R4 wood.

Chicago IL

Basically unless you have a way to use a link cable on all of them (which you can't) they'll never stay in sync. One of the main reasons, aside from emulators being imperfect, is that you'll never be able to get them all to start at the exact same moment / on the exact same beat.

shanghai

what he said

UK, Leicester
Saskrotch wrote:

Basically unless you have a way to use a link cable on all of them (which you can't) they'll never stay in sync. One of the main reasons, aside from emulators being imperfect, is that you'll never be able to get them all to start at the exact same moment / on the exact same beat.

Right, that's a bit of a pain. The problem is the emulator speeds, rather than the timing, I don't need certain things to come it at certain points, I just needed 2+ consoles all starting at the same time, which I can do, but not play in time with the other ones. I guess I'll just have to buy another cart then.