West Yorks, UK

Is anyone using DS10+ on a DS lite?

I believe it works, but am wondering if the 32 step feature of the plus edition is availible on the DS lite?

Saying that, when I had a DS10 before, I tried to download a dodgy copy of DS10+ to test out the extra feature, but could never find a working ROM; so in fact im not really sure if DS10+ really works with the DSlite at all.

Shed any light on this for me? smile

Last edited by Domu (Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm)

BK

DS10+ is meant for the DSi, I don't think it'll run on anything older than that.

West Yorks, UK

Thanks,

This contradicts what id heard earlier. Can anyone else comment?

vancouver, canada

if i'm not mistaken, i believe you meant 32 Patterns, not 32 steps.  DS-10+ runs in a "dual mode" where you basically have access to two songs' worth of patterns.  but each pattern can only contain a maximum of 16 steps, no more.

the DS-10+ will run on an older DS, but it'll detect the older hardware and disable access to Dual Mode, essentially giving you the original DS-10 functionality.

btw you can trust me on this as i've written an entire album using a DS-10 smile

BK

Ah! sorry, my mistake. I trust Bryface's response more than mine for sure as he's the DS-10 guru.
Actually, this bums me out since I didn't buy DS-10+ thinking it wouldnt run on older hardware. Whoops.
Thanks for the clarification though!

Brunswick, GA USA

DS-10's saves will also port to and from DS-10+, the main advantage is that it is like running two instances at once, and I think there are some mixer tricks it lets you do.

West Yorks, UK

Thanks all!

Damn, yeah im mistaking 32 patterns for 32 steps, this is a bummer. However being able to tweak stuff whilst the song sequencer is playing kinda negates it.

Dual mode is disabled on DSlite, but what about the mixer/ synth settings during song playback, are these availible by any miraculous chance?

Thanks again!

vancouver, canada

luckily, DS-10+ will allow you to fiddle around with synth/mixer stuff during song mode even on an older DS, unlike the original version of the DS-10 where you basically had to exit the song mode and kill the playback.  so, good news for you!

West Yorks, UK

Score! big_smile

Just checking out some Fenton Fonic, pretty damn cool stuff!

* I dont even have a DS lite though! ha

Last edited by Domu (Mar 21, 2013 10:42 pm)