Solar System

Hi.
When LGPTRACKER can have own subcategory. So why not MS-DOS /PC SPEAKER, OPL2 and OPL3, GRAVIS, MOD, XM, S3M/ and ZX SPECTRUM /BEEPER, AY/?
Hmm? big_smile

Solar System

No MSDOS fan here???

Unsubscribe

Volume! Start a Dos thread that gets 32 pages and you can LIVE THE DREAM.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Speccy users are rare in here !!! sad
MS-DOS/PC sub can be a very good idea !!!

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, piggy tracker had 1 thread with 50 pages of replies and another 40 odd threads specifically related to it, a bandcamp page, with multiple releases by forum members, and an IRC channel, again used by a large number of forum members.

joke

Also piggy tracker is clearly the best way to make music and leaves all the options you mentioned in the dust.

/joke (actually not a joke at all)

Abandoned on Fire

Its funny because its true.

Seattle, WA US

Paging Carl

Austin, Texas

I came to this suggestions forum to post a thread proposing that there be a forum for mobile devices / smartphones; something like an Android or iOS forum (perhaps one for each)? Those both have large and active development communities, but a proportionally small demoscene presence…

Based on this thread, which seems analogous, I'm not sure what the prevailing opinion would be.

Anyway, I'd thought if we were hitting a point that we had things like SunVox and Nanoloop available on those platforms, it might be time for that. I have a whole page on my iPhone that's just music software of varying sorts. Both sylcymk and BR1GHT PR1MATE have organized releases using iOS Nanoloop entirely. I think providing a sandbox of sorts for the smartphone operating systems could nurture our music culture as well as the development community for our music tools and the demoscene.

That said, do we have formal criteria for what merits a subforum? I don't think there's a 30+ iOS or Android thread.

Last edited by Telerophon (Apr 11, 2013 5:55 pm)

SLC, UT

Android has a milky port.

Austin, Texas

That's a valid point. I suppose one could say that those operating systems are similar enough to full-on modern PC operating systems that they don't need to be considered differently. That said, the end user experience is typically very different and it favors different creative processes. I haven't gotten to play with the MilkyTracker port for Android. Do you use a keyboard to track in it?

Regardless, I just wanted to discuss whether or not those platforms might merit their own discussion area.

Last edited by Telerophon (Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm)

Planet Zaxxon
boaconstructor wrote:

Paging Carl

A RING A DING DING!!!!!!

But, I don't think enough people are into the MS-DOS lifestyle unfortunately...

Austin, Texas

I like it, but I am not good at tracking. hmm

It is a niche thing now, especially since the computers for OPL3 are getting harder to find. You can download every .a2m on ModLand and it's only like ~30 artists. sad

Last edited by Telerophon (Apr 11, 2013 6:47 pm)

Planet Zaxxon

you gotta build your own! Build it the way YOU want it!

Brunswick, GA USA
herr_prof wrote:

Volume! Start a Dos thread that gets 32 pages and you can LIVE THE DREAM.

Open your thread on Friday for best results.

SLC, UT
Telerophon wrote:

That's a valid point. I suppose one could say that those operating systems are similar enough to full-on modern PC operating systems that they don't need to be considered differently. That said, the end user experience is typically very different and it favors different creative processes. I haven't gotten to play with the MilkyTracker port for Android. Do you use a keyboard to track in it?

Regardless, I just wanted to discuss whether or not those platforms might merit their own discussion area.

I was actually trying to agree with you! As for tracking, you could get by without a keyboard but the mouse is awful. You really do need a mouse. Well I'm on a nexus 4 but maybe if you were on a tablet you could get by.

I think android has a ton of untapped potential for music apps. Its kind of frustrating I guess, but if you want to be artsy you need apple products. Or so I'm told.

Joliette, QC, Canada
stargazer wrote:
Telerophon wrote:

I was actually trying to agree with you! As for tracking, you could get by without a keyboard but the mouse is awful. You really do need a mouse. Well I'm on a nexus 4 but maybe if you were on a tablet you could get by.

I think android has a ton of untapped potential for music apps. Its kind of frustrating I guess, but if you want to be artsy you need apple products. Or so I'm told.

I red somewhere that android got horrible audio latency !