Milwaukee, WI

I could not find any info regarding this behavior. I'm posting this here to see if anyone can duplicate this.

1. Set arduinoboy to LSDJ Master mode
2. Set LSDJ to master clock
3. Play a full LED cycle
4. Stop LSDJ, stay in master mode and use the Arduinoboy push button to switch past the last LED setting (LSDJ MIDIOUT mode)

Now, in normal behavior it should just cycle back to the first LED (LSDJ Slave mode). It does this just fine when using MGB or when LSDJ is set to any other mode than master. When left in master mode however, the Arduinoboy freezes up and the DMG makes a high-pitched whine. The only way to break out of this is to hold the Arduinoboy mode switch button while changing the sync mode to "off" in LSDJ itself. The whine goes away and everything can be set back to how it was before the freeze. It's only when you play for a full cycle that the freeze occurs.

I've built several Arduinoboys (pro mini), I've tested on various DMGs, I've tested various versions of LSDJ and I've checked/rechecked connections. Full MIDI IN/OUT works. etc, etc

Is this "normal" behavior? It's not a big deal, but my inner OCD is going full-retard.

Last edited by TSC (Mar 27, 2013 3:48 pm)

Unsubscribe

Yea ive ran into this too with LSDJ MIdiout mode. The minute you switch to that mode and the dmg isnt in lsdjmidiout mode already it will lock up. So I have to switch the gameboy mode with the device unconnected and then it can pass to or pass midi out.