Los Angeles, CA

Hello, I am getting the equipment and parts ready to mod a few game boy pockets. I believe 4 LED backlights are fairly new but was wondering if anyone has experience with them. I have found them on nonelectronics and asmretro. Can someone let me know which might be better to purchase; is there any difference in quality? asmretro says theirs have a built in resistor... does that even matter the nonelectronics backlights include a resistor.

http://asmretro.com/index.php?route=pro … duct_id=78
http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalog/i … 61fc775020

Last edited by crizzlycruz (May 3, 2013 5:58 pm)

Only theirs are new, we've had them for about a year now, I think. I'd recommend just comparing specifications to determine which is better for you. The main differences are ours either have built in polarized film, or die cut molded film to avoid LCD lifting. They're thinner to avoid LCD pressure, and have a built in resistor to simplify the installation.

Santa Cruz, California

Get them from ASM.
Can't go wrong.

Spain

I find Nonfinite's panels to be too thick for a Pocket to close properly without showing "bubbles".
Having purchased from both providers I'd say go for ASM.

LA:CA

What about Kitch's backlights?

Los Angeles, CA

Thanks for all the input.

Pittsburgh
SPORK94 wrote:

Kitsch doesn't have much in stock ATM

Santa Cruz, California
Another Castle wrote:
SPORK94 wrote:

Yeah, inverted purple and teal only? Pass.
I'm still waiting for someone to produce GBA and GBA SP buttons in an array of offensive colors, so I can feel comfortable flaunting some more of my mods... stupid gray buttons.
*that's a subtle hint*

LA:CA
Teh D3th St4r wrote:
Another Castle wrote:

Yeah, inverted purple and teal only? Pass.
I'm still waiting for someone to produce GBA and GBA SP buttons in an array of offensive colors, so I can feel comfortable flaunting some more of my mods... stupid gray buttons.
*that's a subtle hint*

This thread helped me choose what retailer for my first backlighting ordering ASM as we speak smile .Heheh I see your hint and I'm a fan of your mods D3th.