A gray world of dread

I don't know how many of you remember this, so I'll explain a bit.

Back in the 8bc days I was a big fan of Sievert and his technicolor space-hero persona he used for his music. However, he lacked an antagonist, so one day I had the idea of creating one for him. I made a second account and used an attention grabbing song name, spun a little story for it, and watched what happened.

What happened was a lot of fun.

We posted songs back and forth for a while, progressing in the story (which was the usual space opera stuff; rockets, doom-weapons, lasers, pew pew). The first few times he had no idea who was behind the Szliszka alias, but I had to come out eventually when the usual 8bc-ish drama ensued and people got a bit too enthusiastic.

Anyways, we planned to make the 'battle' into a split EP, with some nice art and the story. Maybe even a small comic. That obviously never happened, life got in my way, and time passed. I'm still sorry about that.

Sorry, cap'n! sad

I'm not writing any music at the moment, and haven't written any in a while. Just doesn't click. I was browsing my old files and found the unfinished EP- and I thought, what the hell, this shouldn't be just gathering dust on my HD. So I decided to release it as is.
There are the five Szliszka tracks and four Sievert tracks, I know a slightly different version of at least one has been released elsewhere (because I mixed the album tongue).

So for those of you who followed the original adventure, this doesn't offer anything new, except that I mastered the Sievert tracks. Those of you who didn't: here's a bit of fun and play. There's room for this in the chiptune community too, something that has been sadly absent here for a while, I feel.

To all: Enjoy! heart

Download, minions!
´

South Dakota

All hail the Galactic Emperor!

I do remember the good old Szliszka vs. Sievert thing. Wow... so you were the archnemesis! Nice. Thanks for releasing what material you had on that EP... I'll be sure to check it out.

Douglas, Wyoming

I miss Sievert's stuff, Chips Dips and Face Rips is still my jam

Seattle, WA US

This was so much fun. I kept a close eye on 8bc for these tunes

Lexington, KY

God Bless "Let's Get Facundo'd".

Trento, Italy

Those good old 8bc days!
This is awesome! Thank you!

Godzilladelph

OH ahwesome! If only there was some way for you guys to do a live set together ....

Lexington, KY
SKGB wrote:

OH ahwesome! If only there was some way for you guys to do a live set together ....

You may have just given me an idea... Ooooo....

Douglas, Wyoming
Solarbear wrote:
SKGB wrote:

You may have just given me an idea... Ooooo....

Color me intrigued

A gray world of dread

Live set would be difficult, him in Texas, me in Germany.. I don't even have a laptop hmm

Seattle, WA US

Do you have a 320 render of Like a Fly Into the Web? Would love to play it out in DJ sets

Lexington, KY
µB wrote:

Live set would be difficult, him in Texas, me in Germany.. I don't even have a laptop hmm

Distance ain't no thang. (I mean... it IS a thing... QUITE an issue really... but, you know what they say, "Go hard or go home".)
Anyway, I'm going to give myself a little while to come back to reality before I think about this again, hahhaa.

Chicago
Solarbear wrote:
µB wrote:

Distance ain't no thang. (I mean... it IS a thing... QUITE an issue really... but, you know what they say, "Go hard or go home".)
Anyway, I'm going to give myself a little while to come back to reality before I think about this again, hahhaa.

next year wink

A gray world of dread
boaconstructor wrote:

Do you have a 320 render of Like a Fly Into the Web? Would love to play it out in DJ sets

320 CBR? No, but I could render one. Will have to wait until after work though tongue

Last edited by µB (Apr 3, 2013 7:47 am)

Sydney AUS

SIEVERT RULES OK