Taichung, Taiwan

Post questions here. I will try to help as much as I can.

Problem:

1) Is there a specific rating of resistor to add to PIN1 of the teensy board in order for proper sync to NL 2.x?

2) Issues with sync'ing to Abletone Live.

-I loaded the proper hex file onto the Teensy board, provided here (http://milkcrate.com.au/_other/download … B_Sync.hex)

-I open up Ableton Live, it recognizes the midi device, I set the mode on LSDJ to "MIDI", press "start" on LSDJ and then press play on Ableton. The Gameboy only starts playing when I mess with the "on" and "off" in the sync and remote settings in preferences.
-The LED on the Teensy board flashes with the beats, but doesn't trigger when pressing play in Ableton.

My friend Jiffypop23 uses a tracker program in Linux and has had no problem at all (I use a Mac).

I was wondering if I would need to run the Teensyduino files in order to have everything sync up properly... or maybe I'm just doing everything wrong.

Thanks in advance.

---edit---
When I have time between school and work, I'll be trying to get the teensyduino running so that I can test it.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm)

ad-hell-aide

Um

ad-hell-aide

As I said, I'll revisit this this week once I have a chance.

Taichung, Taiwan
little-scale wrote:

As I said, I'll revisit this this week once I have a chance.

Understood. The other thread has evolved and I decided it was better to make a new one vs trying to save the old one.

Taichung, Taiwan

Updated first post!

Last edited by katsumbhong (Apr 11, 2013 8:37 pm)

Chicago IL
katsumbhong wrote:

Abletone Live.

Taichung, Taiwan
Saskrotch wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Abletone Live.

Which coincidentally was the same program that little-scale was using to demo the midi-sync.

Riverside, CA
katsumbhong wrote:

My friend Jiffypop23 uses a tracker program in Linux and has had no problem at all (I use a Mac).

Yeah, I've gotten it to work without any trouble in Qtractor and FL Studio.
Sonik has Ableton on his macbook, I'll try and sync my GB on there next time I'm at his house.

Cleveland, OH

Little update on my end here.
If I switch it out of midi then back to midi, immediately start LSDJ then start Ableton it will sync 9 out of 10 times.
SO ODD.

San Diego, CA

I've been working on this a little but I haven't been able to get this to work with any consistency (I actually have katsumbhong's boards with me now >_>).

Loading up Ableton with a blank MIDI clip gets the board to sync just fine and I can tell using the LED on the board itself. The problem is when I'm trying to hook up a DMG with LSDJ to it -- I set it to MIDI mode, hit start so that the DMG is waiting, and then hit play on Ableton, but nothing happens sad

The only time I've gotten it to sync at all is when I'm messing with the MIDI Sync settings in Ableton. With the board set to an output, all three settings (track, sync, remote) are turned on. Somehow, keeping the sync turned on and turning the track setting on and off repeatedly will randomly start the Gameboy, which is totally weird and makes me think that I'm somehow sending the wrong MIDI messages, but I'm not sure since the board itself seems to be synchronized.

I'd like to get this figured out for a theater project I'm helping out with, so...yeah! Help, plz & thx

EDIT: I'm on Live 8 and LSDJ v. 4.0.5 if that means anything, but it probably doesn't...maybe?

Last edited by spacetownsavior (Apr 29, 2013 2:57 am)

San Diego, CA

Ack, double posting but here's something: http://little-scale.blogspot.com/2011/0 … -beat.html

Apparently the original hex file doesn't have support for MIDI beat clock signals, so synchronization is going to be weird unless you're using the Teensyduino code, which you're using the Teensyduino plugin for the Arduino IDE to load to the board. The Teensyduino code has support for beat clock stuff, so that's promising! I lack a tri-wing screwdriver, however, so my experimenting with the board is going to be delayed until I can find one so I can hit that damn button to upload the sketch sad

Cleveland, OH

Mine works for me every time now. All I have to do is change it from master to midi then immediately start LSDJ while still in the menu screen and then start Ableton. Even syncing two game boys like this is working perfectly.

San Diego, CA
thursdaycustoms wrote:

Mine works for me every time now. All I have to do is change it from master to midi then immediately start LSDJ while still in the menu screen and then start Ableton. Even syncing two game boys like this is working perfectly.

This works for me too! Ultimately I'd like to find a less finicky way to do this, but this method works pretty consistently. I just need that tri-wing >_>

Taichung, Taiwan

Bump for the resistor value for Nanoloop 2.x

Taichung, Taiwan

bump... smile

NC in the US of America
spacetownsavior wrote:
thursdaycustoms wrote:

This works for me too! Ultimately I'd like to find a less finicky way to do this, but this method works pretty consistently. I just need that tri-wing >_>

I got tired of waiting until I could order a tri-wing and just used a tiny eyeglass-repair-sized flathead screwdriver (it actually came with my soldering iron toolbox kit) and stuck it in one of the knotches. Worked pretty well for me.