brighton, uk

I want to turn my sketchy oldest gameboy into a talkbox, bearing in mind the original speaker is too measly to support a talkbox I have a spare one I took out of a VL-Tone that is the right size, and has a case I can mount it in.

I'll probably use Muddygb to produce a carrier tone and mount the speaker on the back (or on the front) with a bottle or something else over the top to hold all the talkbox gubbins.

What's it gonna take to amplify the signal enough for the speaker, will the headphone amp in the gameboy be enough, or should I invest in a cheapy headphone amp like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIIO-E3-HEADPHONE … 3355e85633
I don't know, what are these things like?

Thinking about it, probably not the best place to mount it since it's on top of the cartridge slot... maybe replace the screen since it's gonna be useless with muddygb.

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg

i dont know the answer to any of your questions but im very interested to see how this turns out

))<>((
mepufw wrote:

i dont know the answer to any of your questions but im very interested to see how this turns out

yes, this.

Milan, Italy

I have try tried to connect one of those little speakers to the output of the volume pot and it haven't done the job. Not enough power.
Since they're cheap i would buy one of those mini-amp to try them out. (maybe after have tried the original speaker output)

for the speaker.. you could put it in the battery box.. and than use a wall alimentator for the gameboy.

ad-hell-aide

cool idea!

You could get a N64 transferrer pack and have it sit ontop of the battery compartment giving you room to use the original cartridge slot

Chicago IL

when i made a dmg talkbox, i just plugged the gameboy into a smokey amp (http://www.smokeyamps.com/), and did the rest from there.

all you need is to get the sound into a tube, into your mouth. everything else is up to you, but you definitely dont have to mount a bigger speaker on a gameboy.

Eugene, OR

Why not just build a talkbox and plug your gameboy into it?

brighton, uk

because i want it to be portable and in one piece. not a mess of wires connected together.
i'm using this speaker because Ive had the best results from ones this size.
anyhow, ill probably get the headphone amp when I have even the smallest amount of cash

NorthTtrrrway

...an idea is to try and use the amp (and speakers?) in the NUBY gameboy speakers...then you can add it on your gameboy only when you need it ...portable, no cables smile