Ohio

News Bump:

According to Detune's Site, the Japanese release should be this month (It's been delayed from May).  Overseas release is August.

From http://www.detune.co.jp/schedule.html

Ohio

Crud, It's been pushed back another month in Japan.  It's still listed as an August release overseas.  I'm hoping the translations are ready and Detune is just tweaking the app on the 3DS.

Ohio

http://www.palmsounds.net/2013/07/dest- … -m01d.html

New Demo video from Detune.  Sounds good.

Ohio

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jkrj/index.html

It looks like the date at the end of the most recent trailer held up!  It shouldn't be too long for the game to get released over here.  The schedule over at Detune's site still says August, so hopefully it'll be towards the beginning. Since the program's interface is in English already from what screenshots I've seen, it should be just about any bug fixes that come up and translating the manual.

Ohio

More news from the DS-10 forum: From the thread "M01D worldwide release delayed?"

Hi all! Sorry have been absent from the forum recently. . . Harley and I have been in Japan at Square sounds festival.
Good news! We met Sano and we can inform you that Korg M01D is with Nintendo Europe and America going through E shop approval. It is coming! Soon! Yay!

I read on the Detune site they were going to update the Japanese version, so maybe they were planning on doing that and releasing the updated version to Europe and America.

San Francisco

looks the same as the ds lite version. still a rompler. not into it. it is just too cheesy sounding for me and doesn't give me enough sound control and flexibility.

Ohio
wedanced wrote:

looks the same as the ds lite version. still a rompler. not into it. it is just too cheesy sounding for me and doesn't give me enough sound control and flexibility.

Compared to the original version, The 3DS eShop version doubles the amount of voices to 24. You can make tunes with up to 99 scenes using the 8 track / 64 step sequencer and 342 sounds(They've gone beyond the original M1 voices and added voices from Korg 0/1W). It also has the ability to save MIDI song data to an SD card.

I think you can get some flexibility and control of the sounds.  Worse case, you can setup a song on the M01D and work on the tracks in the DAW of your choice.

Madriz, Supain

Can I buy it already or not?

Ohio
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Can I buy it already or not?

Not yet.  I'm hoping it'll be out by the end of the month, but that might be wishful thinking.

Does anyone on the board know what the typical timeframe for eShop approval is?

vancouver, canada

in japan a few weeks ago i met up with Sano and it sounded like the "slow approval process" would require one to expect it closer to the end of the year.  Nintendo might surprise us though.

I will say that the interest in and support of the M01D's eShop release will be important, because it would dovetail into another upcoming eShop-related project from Detune that i think is pretty exciting.  i can't say much about it at the moment but i do believe a lot of people will be pleased by it.

also, here's a tune i jammed out on the original M01 not too long ago, to provide a sense of a more sadistic compositional approach.  if you embrace the cheeziness as a product of a SNES / FM aesthetic, then i think the M01[D] is capable of songs that contain a certain 16-bit charm:

Ohio
bryface wrote:

in japan a few weeks ago i met up with Sano and it sounded like the "slow approval process" would require one to expect it closer to the end of the year.  Nintendo might surprise us though.

That's what I was afraid of.  I figured Nintendo was going to go through the program extensively (as they would other games/apps) for QA.

bryface wrote:

I will say that the interest in and support of the M01D's eShop release will be important, because it would dovetail into another upcoming eShop-related project from Detune that i think is pretty exciting.  i can't say much about it at the moment but i do believe a lot of people will be pleased by it.

Now THIS is interesting!  Any hints?  I know Korg has ported synths like the Polysix and MS-20 to the iPad (I believe Detune was behind iMS-20) and ported the Mono/Poly to the Reason Rack Extension program. 

I was already interested in getting M01D  as soon as it came out, this is just extra incentive.

Canada

i'm guessing "I Am Sampler 3D" is the next project.

in all seriousness though, i can't wait for m01d

Last edited by UncleBibby (Oct 18, 2013 11:04 pm)

Ohio
UncleBibby wrote:

i'm guessing "I Am Sampler 3D" is the next project.

in all seriousness though, i can't wait for m01d

It could also be a 3DS version of "iYM2151"
http://www.detune.co.jp/iym2151.html

question : how much does this cost in japan ? ..... how much is that translated roughly (or thoroughly) to $ ?

vancouver, canada

costs 3,000 yen according to this which amounts to about $30 USD.  the cartridge version of the M01 used to cost close to $100 USD so it's quite a large price drop in comparison.

Madriz, Supain

Im seriously considering dropping the 100 usd on a cart one and getting a japanese 2ds