Ohio

http://www.ds10forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1823

I think this got missed with all the Volca news.

M01D is a 3DS downloadable version of M01.  It's supposed to hit Japan soon and Summer everywhere else.

I'll have to check the eShop more often.

wow this is very cool

vancouver, canada

nice find!!  couple notable features:

- you can send your exchange song data with others over the internet now, unlike before where you could only do so via a wi-fi connection.

- this version leverages the 3DS' higher CPU performance to double the max polyphony to 24.   The original M01 only had 12, which sometimes would result in a lot of cancelled/untriggered notes, which was annoying.

The cart version was pretty expensive (like around $100 USD or more) so i'm interested to see if it'll get much cheaper for the benefit of prospective users.

btw, here's a thread containing some examples to some M01 tunes if anyone's interested.

Last edited by bryface (Apr 10, 2013 3:59 pm)

ohgodno, Indiana

Cant wait to mess with that

Rhode Island

of course i see this now...2 weeks after i get the m01

Ohio

According to this article at Sliiconera:

KORG M01D will cost 3,000 yen ($30) and is slated for release in Japan this May as an eShop download. An overseas release for the West is scheduled for summer 2013.

Seems very reasonable when compared to the eBay prices for the M01 cart.  Especially with the additions.

This hasn't stopped the guys over at r/3ds from complaining though.

Austin, TX

Looks like I finally need to pick up a 3DS.

I was hoping there would be some new samples on this or ways to load samples (like via the 3DS SD card input). Or MIDI over Wi-Fi sync, like Nitrotracker. That'd be cool. Either way, it's still a great deal, and that polyphony increase will help a toooooon. Oh wow, and MIDI export too! That'll make recording song ideas way easier.

Brunswick, GA USA

The M and O series workstations couldn't load new samples so neither can you. wink

VA

Cool! I want 'em to do a DS-20 smile

Austin, TX
chunter wrote:

The M and O series workstations couldn't load new samples so neither can you. wink

Good enough for OMD, good enough for me.

Palmdale, CA

really hope this is cheaper
I lost my cart tongue
tho I didn't really like this
they should just make a better
version of DS10 and stop trying
to make money off this

vancouver, canada
Rock Kandy wrote:

really hope this is cheaper
I lost my cart tongue
tho I didn't really like this
they should just make a better
version of DS10 and stop trying
to make money off this

There's actually a reason for this:  as I understand it, the company that produced Korg M01 (Detune) split off from the company that originally produced the DS-10.  That original company is has basically squatting on the related intellectual property, preventing any derivative software from being made.

which is too bad, because i agree with you, i think there'd be a lot more demand for a downloadable/updated version of the DS-10.

Unsubscribe

Isn't the iMS-20 the updated version of the ds-10, basically?

vancouver, canada
herr_prof wrote:

Isn't the iMS-20 the updated version of the ds-10, basically?

good point, but i believe the sound engines and interface for each of those are different, and perhaps basing it off the ipad app off the MS-20 rather than the MS-10 constitutes an adequate loophole.

more specifically, Detune was basically not allowed to promote the original DS-10 and DS-10+ software, or to use its codebase/assets.

vancouver, canada

i just found out that one other new feature is that you can export your song's note data to a MIDI file on your 3DS' SD card!  very handy, that means you can compose while you're out and about, and then import the MIDI data into the DAW of your choice.

bryface wrote:

i just found out that one other new feature is that you can export your song's note data to a MIDI file on your 3DS' SD card!  very handy, that means you can compose while you're out and about, and then import the MIDI data into the DAW of your choice.

Wow, I might not sell my 3DS after all lol all I use it for is playing Pokemon and VVVVVVV