NC in the US of America

I've gotten into Famitracker a bit, and I've run into a dilemma with "pitch-bend to note".

It seems like Famitracker's handling of the 3xx command is different than in NEStopia and VLC and Deliplayer. With Famitracker, the 3xx parameter seems to reset after changing patterns or a note-off command, but when I export the NSF the bends seem slower and the command keeps going after a pattern change.

Which is more accurate to actual NES hardware?

Chicago IL

Use 300 after you're done with the bend. (I think)

Brighton/Southampton

Yeah, what Saskrotch said. 300 will disable the portamento (or switching to a different pitch-centred command like 0xx), although it shouldn't usually reset after changing patterns in famitracker? What version are you using?

Toronto, Canada

If what Famitracker is doing is different than the exported NSF, this is a bug. You should create an example FTM demonstrating this and upload it at the Famitracker forums.

NC in the US of America

I'm using version 0.4.1, and yeah, I've already put in the 300 commands to compensate for the difference in the exported nsf. I'll post some clips later when I get the chance.

I'm not really sure if it's resetting after changing patterns, or if the bend is just really subtle. I'll experiment. But I do know that the bends are less subtle in Famitracker than in VLC, Deli, and NEStopia.

Edit: Thanks rainwarrior, I'll do that when I get the chance.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Apr 16, 2013 6:18 pm)

Toronto, Canada

Try 0.4.2 and see if the bug is still there first, before you report. It may have been fixed already (0.4.1 had many problems).