Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 7:06 am)

I despise everything I wrote pre-2013, and I hate almost all but 2 songs I have written this year. It's progress. I went from being proud of "okay" music to wanting to write really good music, and release only really well produced music.

washington

i'm not proud of anything i've written, especially not my old stuff. shit was terrible.

Sydney, NSW

Loop packs.

Lots of loop packs.

Montreal, Canada

I've kept every single track I've ever produced. All the tracking done before I got an actual studio with real software, all the 'serious' music, and even jams and weird recordings done on the fly for no reason.

I even still have my first tracker song... circa 1989 on Sound Tracker!

But everything I wrote after like.. 1995-6, I'm okay with. There's even a good number of these songs I'm still very proud of. Sometimes I listen to them and go "damn.. that was good. I should totally remix that". And of course, I never do.

Seattle, WA

I have distinct songs where I made a massive jump in skill. However, they all suck. All of them.

Gosford, Australia

i dont think i have any of the fruityloops 3 stuff i did in 2002 anymore haha
but everything from 2003 through 2011 is still here somewhere.

i don't really feel like there was a particular point where i simply stopped making crappy music (i still do lololol) BUT i'm pretty confident that everything pre-2004 is utter shit, and there's only sporadic moments of brilliance between 2004 and... well forever really haha. I think 2009 is where i went full-synthpop but on the upside my mixing has improved astronomically since then. and i learned how to make sickeningly cheesy chip unce in 2011, so that's a thing!

California, United States

All I think is really "This goes nowhere" and "Holy crap this is so loud"

Most of my old tunes didn't use enough variation and just sounded bland and repetitive, not to say that my music doesn't sound like that now, but still it's not as bad as it was smile

California

Everything up until about summer of 2011 was either 'meh not bad' or pretty bad, especially if you compare it to what I'm currently doing.

And that's not even counting the Garageband stuff I made when I was like 11 or 12.

NC in the US of America

I still like the old stuff that I liked when it was new. shrugs

Sometimes less, sometimes more. Id like to say that I hate everything, but I don't. sgurhs

vancouver, canada

well thanks a lot guys for making me go into my folder of super old songs and listening to songs i hate

England

i have most of my music going back to my first amiga stuff from 1994-1995. i dont think its worth sharing unless im with friends and we need a laugh.

Chicago IL

I miss those carefree times.

i enjoy them

Earth

Sadly a lot of it is gone because it was on cassette tapes, and ps1 memory cards. It's interesting to hear how my sensibilities have changed, or not changed.

IL, US

i'm ok with them, but took most of the older stuff down after last.fm made it look like more people were listening to the old tracks than the new ones...if anything, im more ashamed of the mastering on them (didnt have nice monitors for a long time)