Iowa

Okay, so I am sure everyone and their mothers know how to do this, but I cannot figure this out to save my life. Is there anyway to make the kits louder in LSDJ? Every time I try to make it louder with ways I think will work something always make the kit sound odd. Stupid question I'm sure.

California

If you have the wave instrument volume at 3 already, there's not much else you can do. You could try doubling up kit samples but that usually makes them a lot noisier.

The best way to make your kits louder is to turn all the other channels down.

what VCMG says, just turn the sound of the other channels down.
I usually have most instruments at 7X ish max.

Or, you could pan everything left, and the wave right and boost that, but that's silly.

Last edited by Timbob (Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm)

Maybe remake them yourself?

Record the samples yourself, or download an mp3/wav sample pack. There are 303 and 909 sample packs out there.
Make everything louder with audacity.
Make new sample kits with lsdpatcher.

Taichung, Taiwan
VCMG wrote:

The best way to make your kits louder is to turn all the other channels down.

Bristol, UK

Make your own sample kit. If you do it yourself you can make them way louder than the ones already on there, too loud even.

Unsubscribe

I kind wish someone would do a remaster of all the stock kits... they really are quiet for no reason!

Tacoma, WA
Jotie wrote:

Maybe remake them yourself?

Record the samples yourself, or download an mp3/wav sample pack. There are 303 and 909 sample packs out there.
Make everything louder with audacity.
Make new sample kits with lsdpatcher.

I agree with Jotie. If you need some new kits, then you can find a lot of them here: http://lsdsng.com/kits

herr_prof wrote:

I kind wish someone would do a remaster of all the stock kits... they really are quiet for no reason!

I don't have the time to remake kits.
But I think it's a good idea (yeah, I think my idea was good, sounds crazy but bear with me) that someone would remake some kits with the help of little-scale's guide. Make them louder and upload them to http://lsdsng.com,
Maybe send them to Johan K. as well?

Iowa

Thanks, this is really helpful!

Not sure if sarcasm,...
Sorry for hijacking your thread, my mind really wandered off there.
But the "the kits are too silent" is a common complaint.

Put two identical samples together to make them louder. They become more noisy, but that doesn't bother me, and most of time your music will cover it up anyway.

Or make your own 606 or 303 kit, but louder.

Jotie wrote:

[...]

Like this guy?

Iowa

No no no no !! I'm not being sarcastic!

9-Heart wrote:
Jotie wrote:

[...]

Like this guy?

awesome!

Louisville Ky

plug into an amp and turn it up?