I put a bunch of unreleased PxTone files up online.

arbez.agargara.com/pxtone

Good ones, bad ones, all of that.

los angeles

wowie

montreal, qc

i think this is actually the first time i have seem piston source music posted here.
are there any other ptcop ninjas lurking around these parts?

PxTone has a very small scene in western countries, it seems. On the Japanese side there's PxTone Collage Collective, which has somewhat-frequent uploads.

Searching the music section for PxTone only reveals two other artists on this site aside from myself. It's kind of strange to me, because a lot of games that come out use PxTone for their soundtracks, so I would think there would be more people messing with it.

NC in the US of America

pxtone is by that Cave Story guy, right? The fact that it is a step sequencer rather than a tracker may have something to do with it's lack of popularity in this community. I personally like step sequencers, though. And I really like Cave Story and all the sounds that come out of it.

I've used OrgMaker before, but not pxtone. I had no idea pxtone was so popular in the indie game music scene (but it makes sense). Any examples?

I highly approve these pxtone files!
Except it looks like you moved them to a different, secret folder...ever the elusive zebra

detroit
ilkae wrote:

i think this is actually the first time i have seem piston source music posted here.
are there any other ptcop ninjas lurking around these parts?

back in 8bc days there were a few of us using that shit. this was the first program i ever wrote chiptune on. #yolo

SketchMan3 wrote:

I had no idea pxtone was so popular in the indie game music scene (but it makes sense). Any examples?

Well, I know that it's quite popular over at Ludum Dare at least. Just see:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pxtone+ … umdare.com
3,740 results