I tried it. It didn't work for me. Just letting you guys know.

Here's the thing. It starts up fine, the LSDj song screen comes up, no problem. It's only when I tried to play the project that the Game Boy Player immediately reset itself. I thought maybe it was too complicated to process (even though it played fine on my DMG... Whatever, I don't know), so I tried to load a different project. It reset itself immediately after starting to load. I was hardheaded and kept trying, but to no avail.

inb4 my Game Boy Player is defective. I play other games on it often, with no problems.

Has anyone else gotten it to work?

Chicago IL

Might depend on what type of cart you're using.

Saskrotch wrote:

Might depend on what type of cart you're using.

Yeah. I don't know anything about computers or things of that nature, so it's totally possible.
Anyway, I'm using the usb 64m smart card from Kitsch-Bent.

Brunswick, GA USA

I thought GB Player (the Game Cube one) only plays GBA carts.

Easton, PA, USA

I personally have never had issues using a 64m EMS cart and a gameboy player, that sounds strange. Have you tried an older version or possibly tried re-flashing?

Abandoned on Fire

I've never been able to use any of my 64M carts reliably with my gameboy player (which sucks as that's the only reason I bought it).  Typically I get "Don't Panic!" crash screens or nothing at all.  Occasionally I get the song screen and normal operation for a while.

I've sent the crash screens to Johan and he believes it's an issue with the cart shell not properly lining up with the connector or letting the cart pcb move to much when inserted.

matt's mind
egr wrote:

Johan [...] believes it's an issue with the cart shell not properly lining up with the connector or letting the cart pcb move to much when inserted.

would have to agree with this sentiment.  i don't have an issue using them, but have had problems when the PCB in the cart shell is slightly off

IL, US
chunter wrote:

works fine with nanoloop 1.x... never tried mine with the ems 64bit cart... you do have the nintendo brand one, correct? there was a third party one i had bought at first that was garbage, didn't play half my legit gba games

Playboy Man-Baby

The Gameboy Player has randomly glitched out and reset with LSDJ for me a few times, but the ratio of working to not working is usually okay after a little fidgeting with the cart.

Player has worked with every flash cart I've ever put in it. From home made to ems to emerger.

e.s.c. wrote:
chunter wrote:

works fine with nanoloop 1.x... never tried mine with the ems 64bit cart... you do have the nintendo brand one, correct? there was a third party one i had bought at first that was garbage, didn't play half my legit gba games

Oh no, this is the Nintendo brand Game Boy Player fo sho.

Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

The Gameboy Player has randomly glitched out and reset with LSDJ for me a few times, but the ratio of working to not working is usually okay after a little fidgeting with the cart.

Okay, then. I didn't do much fidgeting, so I'll try that.

Thanks for all the input, guys. :3

Maine

works fine on mine

just try fidgeting with it like the others have said

NC in the US of America

Welcome to the forums, Bleepicheep. For Aslaaaan!!

Abandoned on Fire

Hey, while we're at it has anyone been able to get a Nanoloop One cart to work with this?  I stopped trying when I saw that it wasn't shaped correctly to hit the gb/gba switch in the cart slot.

IL, US

i could look into that at some point if no one beats me to it..dont want to hunt for the game cube cables right now, but im sure theyll turn up as i unpack from last weekend and set things back up over the next couple days

Abandoned on Fire
e.s.c. wrote:

i could look into that at some point if no one beats me to it..dont want to hunt for the game cube cables right now, but im sure theyll turn up as i unpack from last weekend and set things back up over the next couple days

I'd appreciate it, the only thing I've had success with is an EZflash4 sad