zobe
Doxic wrote:
basspuddle wrote:

yeah, i think he was fed up with the community or something like that. it really sucks, he wrote some awesome stuff.

AANAAANAAANAAANA is ant1 I believe, he is still active on botb.

I need to clarify that aanaaanaaanaaana.net is a conspiracy of any number of anonymous musicians, artists and witches

Rotterdam, the Netherlands

I still wonder where lo-bat went. He was pretty active in 2004/2005.

I"m looking into DMG plantlife, M-.-N, Chantal Goret and Lo-bat. 4 Belgians I didn't know existed because they kind of stopped / switched before I got into music outside of breakcore until Sycamore's spreadsheet came up :oops:

Lo-Bat seems to have stopped. Marc is twittering from Berlin. Plantlife had an arthouse show a few years ago but is non-activE. Chantal Goret not a clue

shanghai
likeluke wrote:

homeboy dj salinger hasn't made chip stuff in a long time, he's working a crazy new full time position in a big foreign land but is alive and well!

thats a shame. my hd died a while ago i lost my 8bc folder : (

e.s.c. wrote:
Feryl wrote:

I think Sievert was lined up to play a show recently, but he hasn't released another epic like "Beyond the Frontier" in years.

he does stuff under the name "MonsterVision" now
https://www.facebook.com/MonsterVisionSurf

I knew it had to be someone proper legit. MV is fucking awesome.

Maine

why doesn't anamanaguchi come here anymore? i saw them just a couple minutes ago on 4chan answering questions then moot showed up and they stopped allowing reply's so i couldn't ask them there

NC in the US of America
TheBronyChip wrote:

why doesn't anamanaguchi come here anymore? i saw them just a couple minutes ago on 4chan answering questions then moot showed up and they stopped allowing reply's so i couldn't ask them there

They just posted on here today, didn't they? likeluke is the anamanaguchi representative around here.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 14, 2013 3:46 am)

Maybe he's asking about Maine?

not jophish anymore

This is going way, way, way back, but does anyone remember Falco Lombardi? He used to post stuff on 8bc in like 2008-2009 I believe, I haven't heard of him active in a long time. He did fantastic dancy DMG stuff.

EDIT: This is him, under a different name, but apparently inactive.

http://www.myspace.com/lylatcore

So many memories. ;~;

Last edited by Jophish (May 14, 2013 4:19 am)

I don't think this person was ever a part of the 8bc or cm scene, but I found them in the old 2a03 Archive folders years ago. They went by "Pob Dod" but the folder was always misspelled pod_dob. Copyright info in the nsf files says all the songs are from about 2005-2006 by Mike Willmot.

Been wondering if xaimus is still around, too. That dude pushed famitracker to its fucking limits.

Maine
SketchMan3 wrote:
TheBronyChip wrote:

They just posted on here today, didn't they? likeluke is the anamanaguchi representative around here.

ooh i see they go by a different name?

Feryl wrote:

I think Sievert was lined up to play a show recently

https://www.facebook.com/captainsievert

Seems somewhat active

California
TheBronyChip wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

ooh i see they go by a different name?

no......likeluke is their drummer, luke.

CHIPTUNE
Jotie wrote:

I"m looking into DMG plantlife, M-.-N, Chantal Goret and Lo-bat. 4 Belgians I didn't know existed because they kind of stopped / switched before I got into music outside of breakcore until Sycamore's spreadsheet came up :oops:

Lo-Bat seems to have stopped. Marc is twittering from Berlin. Plantlife had an arthouse show a few years ago but is non-activE. Chantal Goret not a clue

Chantal Goret lives in Liege and is building his own synthesizer. Marc is in Berlin, seems to work mostly with Arduino these days. Lo-Bat is still in Brussels afaik, and has been making comics ever since he quit chipmusic.

DMG Plantlife though, I have no idea. Been looking for him myself. Forgot his real name.

Peer is another very talented Belgian that was always a bit off the radar.

where can i find ???'s releases - ??? is a pretty hard artist to find via google

Kiel, Germany
Xuriik wrote:

Where's Stereochan?

Sup. I got disheartened by lack of interest in the music around germany so I'm keeping my new 8bit stuff to myself for now. No idea where swampboy is tho hmm

Douglas, Wyoming
STereochan wrote:
Xuriik wrote:

Where's Stereochan?

Sup. I got disheartened by lack of interest in the music around germany so I'm keeping my new 8bit stuff to myself for now. No idea where swampboy is tho hmm

But we still love it ;_; stateside