New York City

Great job at reminding me why I shouldn't come here and try to help.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Soundstudio:

Octamed 5:

Octamed 4/3/whatever:

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

Amiga isn't even *real* chiptune you n00bs! I know because of the bits.

NC in the US of America
TSC wrote:

Why does "f-o-o-l" auto correct to "cat"? Try it!

fool

Next year they should change it to "O'Neil" wink

hardcore, Australia
W4LKR wrote:

I'm not in the whole Amiga scene, so I have a question.

Like the Gameboy has a flashcart, the C64 has SD driver emulation. What do you need for the Amiga?
What kind of hardware is needed to run a 'new' tracker?

I started with three floppies from a friend - protracker boot disc, some breaks, and ST-01.
It was enough to convince me to buy a CF card and up my game.

Anyway, since we are showing off pictures, here's Peaches the Wale's Amiga. The keyboard that was in it originally wasn't working, so it's got a british keyboard instead. Also the previous owner had basically snapped the front panel off and the whole thing was held together by one screw, so the tape is both for function AND aesthetic.

Including some sick sticker mods, I might do a tutorial for this one.

There's a sampler around somewhere, but all the Amiga stuff has been pushed aside as various projects took over desk space.

XC3N wrote:

True story - every time I've posted Peaches the Wale tracks on /r/chiptunes, it gets deleted. Meanwhile "pokemon dubstep" gets millions of upvotes.

Last edited by godinpants (Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Just checked out /r/chiptunes

why god oh why

TSC wrote:

Just checked out /r/chiptunes

why god oh why

It became everything it was designed to avoid.

IL, US

use it to feed your anger, though none of us in the midwest really need help with that

New York City
godinpants wrote:

Anyway, since we are showing off pictures, here's Peaches the Wale's Amiga. The keyboard that was in it originally wasn't working, so it's got a british keyboard instead. Also the previous owner had basically snapped the front panel off and the whole thing was held together by one screw, so the tape is both for function AND aesthetic.

Very jelly of your mixer. I just got a SMAC32 but still want a SMAC PRO20 big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 24, 2013 10:34 pm)

hardcore, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

Very jelly of your mixer. I just got a SMAC32 but still want a SMAC PRO20 big_smile

I won't destroy your dreams by telling you how cheap I got it. When I found it I did a search, and one of the few references was a WTB post you made here, so I figured it was worth grabbing.

New York City

Yeah, when I search for them, my post here comes up first big_smile
I am happy with the price I paid for the SMAC32 and the mixer itself, just that yours has a few more thingies I could do with. How do you like it?

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 24, 2013 11:05 pm)

hardcore, Australia

It's great. The only problem is that the slanted channel faders do make it tight up around the cut/punch buttons. But it's not like I use them heavily.

New York City

Oh yeah I see what you mean, mine only has cut buttons, so no such problem.
What about amplification power? Mine is a little quiet compared to a Vestax PMC...

[THREAD DERAIL]

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 24, 2013 11:18 pm)

[PUTS THREAD BACK ON RAILS.GIF]

hardcore, Australia

Paging Abortifacient/Illija to post their collection.

Joliette, QC, Canada
4mat wrote:

[PUTS THREAD BACK ON RAILS.GIF]

big_smile

godinpants wrote:
XC3N wrote:

True story - every time I've posted Peaches the Wale tracks on /r/chiptunes, it gets deleted. Meanwhile "pokemon dubstep" gets millions of upvotes.

ewww man thats gross ! sad Why someone would do this to Peaches !!! :S
Oh god let's destroy this place LOL !!!