Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 7:06 am)

Spain

Anything by JosSs

rochester, ny

THE SHORTSLEEVES

Westfield, NJ

Did anyone say peer - dances EP? that one is very happy

also anamanaguchi obv.

BK

This is my sunny day jam.

Madison, Alabama
Decktonic wrote:

Did anyone say peer - dances EP? that one is very happy

also anamanaguchi obv.

Dances is one of my all-time faves! However, not all of it is happy, and some sections may be considered a bit...um, challenging...by some listeners. I'd say most of the tracks are not tracks to cook to or ride a bike to, haha.

That could just be me though. It's still one of the best chip releases of all time, imho.

I'd recommend The Famicon Session by Misfit Chris. It's a ball of joy.

vancouver, canada
xylo wrote:

4-mat, algar, archon, brandon walsh, cerror, dalezy, dubmood, edzes, estrayk, ghidorah, joule, ko0x, loonie, maktone, malmen, mexs, moh, mystra, radix, rez, pasta, pink, tempest, tao, wiklund, xerxes and zalza.

LOL something tells me you have this list of artists memorized alphabetically. smile

that and it's pretty much a rundown of pretty much all the artists that showed up in the mega chip packs that i used to download off of chiptune.com ages ago!  goodtimez.

Holland
bryface wrote:
xylo wrote:

4-mat, algar, archon, brandon walsh, cerror, dalezy, dubmood, edzes, estrayk, ghidorah, joule, ko0x, loonie, maktone, malmen, mexs, moh, mystra, radix, rez, pasta, pink, tempest, tao, wiklund, xerxes and zalza.

LOL something tells me you have this list of artists memorized alphabetically. smile

that and it's pretty much a rundown of pretty much all the artists that showed up in the mega chip packs that i used to download off of chiptune.com ages ago!  goodtimez.

I copied it pretty much from our list of artists that inspire us (xyce) but asides from that this lists of artists is imo pretty much the crème de la crème of happy chiptune.

I don't think 'modern' day themed chiptune can compete (in any way) with the happiness and joyfulness of the oldschool themed tunes. But that's subjective, so just my humble opinion. And it's an honour to be named in this thread for those reasons, because it is pretty much the style we'd like to be remembered by, although we are not really trying to achieve that, it just happens, so that's a good thing.

Last edited by xylo (Apr 24, 2013 8:01 am)